• Register Today It's free!

What have I got myself into....

Socalsploder86

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Hey y'all, just bought a 1993 explorer xlt 4x4 . I looked around and decided I needed less room in my yard so I bought another project. Owned 91, 92 ,02 and 03 Rangers and currently own a 1987 2.9l manual 4x4 single cab Ranger but this is my first explorer . Looking forward to getting alot of help ( I need it ) and finally getting to wheel a Ford again . Thanks In advance for the help and harassment.

20180427_182040.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At least it’s already lifted! Looks like a great start to a project.

Yea buddy . I'm pretty excited about it . I think I got a pretty good deal when I bought it . It has a few issues ... cracked windshield , dash that looks like something ripped it's way out from under , some missing pieces here and there ,power steering pump wont hold fluid, and the big one ..... when I push the 4x4 button on the dash I hear a loud grinding noise and it jolts forward a bit as the 4x4 engages . Once it's engaged it doesnt grind anymore and seems to work fine but I'm not 100%

Welcome to the forum. Get her in good shape and join us at Truck Haven out by Salton City, CA next fall. We will be starting a thread in this forum as it gets closer: Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion

Looks like a Rancho lift kit based on the white and red front shocks...nice.
You have a LKQ yard out your way too...

It has older superlift shocks in the rear that I believe were original to the lift kit . Thats another puzzle I need to piece together.

Back