What I want to do!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What I want to do!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this thread has been quite for a while and I've been away but wanted to update you all on another thing I just added for Fathers Day (Bull Bar). Let me know what you think!

photo.jpg

looks great... truxxx lift?

Yep but now I want to try to do a custom body lift which I'm hearing isnt' easy but doable...

Kinda looks like a 4runner
usa_2009_toyota_4runner_spe_4_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg

That chrome bull bar looks pretty good, I'll probally have go with a black Powder coated one for mine just because the vehicle is black and it has no chrome on it. When I was looking around at them I noticed alot of different styles in the skid plates. Also some are only 2" bars and others are 3", what size are those?

Looks good man. Getting closer to the blueprint. Keep it up!!

My x is gone!!!

Well I traded my X in and got something SMALLER!!! Ok maybe not smaller but at least it still has a blue oval!!!! Tell me what you think!!!
Truck.jpg

Lmao... what happened?!

You must be loaded up to your eyeballs! haha Nice truck.

Not loaded. I just got full price on my explorer and got one hell of a deal on the truck.... I already miss my X but if I think of it one way someone else is going to enjoy my X...

I'd imagine the Explorer is a bit easier to maneuver than that thing. But that is one sick truck! :D

I learned to drive in a Ranger, which is why I got and enjoy my Explorer... I have zero issues driving trucks these size. I'd say he'd probably have a lil trouble if that was a long bed! 0.0! Crewcab short beds aren't too bad if you've been around full size trucks here n there. Just use your mirrors and know your truck, that's all. That is one sick truck though, hope it serves you well.

I learned to drive in a Ranger, which is why I got and enjoy my Explorer... I have zero issues driving trucks these size. I'd say he'd probably have a lil trouble if that was a long bed! 0.0! Crewcab short beds aren't too bad if you've been around full size trucks here n there. Just use your mirrors and know your truck, that's all. That is one sick truck though, hope it serves you well.

Yeah, I've driven a dually and now that is a pain on narrower roads. :D Turning radius wasn't quite as good as the Explorer's. :D Which is one of the great things about the Explorer, it has a really good turning radius. It's much better than my dad's Tundra (1st Gen) and my aunt's 4Runner (4th Gen).

I thought it was good until I got into a Jeep... man.. those things can turn, which brings up the question... why don't They have the roll over hype more so than the Explorer?

Never driven a dually though, but I would like to one day.. seems like a different beast..

I thought it was good until I got into a Jeep... man.. those things can turn, which brings up the question... why don't They have the roll over hype more so than the Explorer?

Never driven a dually though, but I would like to one day.. seems like a different beast..

I'm not really surprised about Jeeps having a good turning radius, they do have a super short wheelbase after all.

The dually I drove this summer was a Chevy. :eek: The 6.0L Turbodiesel did have good power, but the truck felt like it was falling apart over roads with any bumps.

Overly stiff suspension? Most heavy duty applications I've driven have very stiff suspensions.. so anything that might be loose or Anything will make itself obvious.. I hate it.. but I guess if it gets the job done.. then who cares.. lol

I didn't expect it to be smooth but the interior felt really cheap and what not and the bumps really exemplified that. But that's the only dually I've driven so I can't say whether it was bad or good compared to what Ford and Dodge make.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might have been a base model work truck??? They're always cheap. =P

Back