What I want to do!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What I want to do!!!

hydro

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Hey guys after looking through these forums i have decided on a few things to do to my X so I Photo Chopped it... Let me know what you think??? Good??? or Bad??? If you have more suggestion feel free voice your opinion. Thanks.

Before
OriginalExplorer.jpg

After
2006-2007_Ford_Explorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks pretty good

looks good

Dependant on the size of the tires you want you will have to get a lift kit installed to clear the larger tires. I don't know if the 07's are lower but the 02-05's max size is a 32inch.
Looks like you have it lifted in the photoshop, you'd want to slide the tires out a little because they will be wider as well. Also if you go with a good lift it may look good with the chrome step-ups

Might need Foglight covers as well, most states will hit you for having more then 2 fog lights. For looks I'd find some sort of cover for the stock fog lamps cuz those smiley face type of covers fade fast.

Hey guys after looking through these forums i have decided on a few things to do to my X so I Photo Chopped it... Let me know what you think??? Good??? or Bad??? If you have more suggestion feel free voice your opinion. Thanks.

Nice, but IMHO, if you're going to go that route, you have to can those soccer mom running boards and get some chrome or aluminum step bars.

Chris

Even with 32's I think you gotta trim that underskirt on the bumpers.

Even with 32's I think you gotta trim that underskirt on the bumpers.
Either trim it, or if you dont plan on hitting the dirt, drop it and kick it way out:D

Dependant on the size of the tires you want you will have to get a lift kit installed to clear the larger tires. I don't know if the 07's are lower but the 02-05's max size is a 32inch.
Looks like you have it lifted in the photoshop, you'd want to slide the tires out a little because they will be wider as well. Also if you go with a good lift it may look good with the chrome step-ups

Might need Foglight covers as well, most states will hit you for having more then 2 fog lights. For looks I'd find some sort of cover for the stock fog lamps cuz those smiley face type of covers fade fast.

I only want to go to a 265 75 16 (31X10.5) Not sure which tire to go with... I'm actually deciding between the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Pro Comp Extreme AT. I'll modify the picture with the one I choose. What do you guys think. I am going to go with the lift from Roadbully or Truxxx's they are pretty much the same thing. Your right about the fog lights but I don't think my state is one of them... :) I'll check. thanks for the input.

Nice, but IMHO, if you're going to go that route, you have to can those soccer mom running boards and get some chrome or aluminum step bars.

Chris

LOL.... I agree. I want some chrome like the bull bar up front. I'll update the pick with those changes as well... I'm also planning on dual exhaust like someones ride on the forums and rock guards on the tails. The only thing I need to decide is should I use the stock wheels for now since there 16's and upgrade later when I'm sure of what I want???

do it!!!

I did some veriations for you aswell. What the truck might look like -

NO LIFT - 265 Mud Terrain KM2
2092es9.jpg

LIFT -
2a222x.jpg

FRONT -
2a6jadl.jpg

Just some more previews i came up with.

NO LIFT - 265 Mud Terrain KM2
2092es9.jpg

LIFT -
2a222x.jpg

FRONT -
2a6jadl.jpg

Just some more previews i came up with.

Damn dude.. Thanks for doing that for me. I was wondering if you could be some Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock wheels so I can see how that looks. You are much better at this than I am. And the front looks amazing. Thanks.

x2 - more action please!

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

I'm going to try ordering the lift today or Monday.... Then once I decide on the tires I'll be either placing the order for the tires and wheels or just tires for now. I still can decide between the nitto terra grapplers or the Pro Comp extreme AT. Or maybe a Mud Terrain.... Decions Decisions. What bar do you all suggest. I researched and looks like Aries is a good one and Westin but I can' find a westin in my price range. Thanks again for all your comments. Keep them coming...

Now you're cooking. I like those factory chrome-trimmed tubular step bars. They ride nice and high, without being useless. I have the all-black versions. But since you're going chrome...

Chris

Now you're cooking. I like those factory chrome-trimmed tubular step bars. They ride nice and high, without being useless. I have the all-black versions. But since you're going chrome...

Chris

Oh, one other thing, since you went with the chrome roof rack, you might also consider the factory aluminum billet gas cap door or one of the after-market chrome overlays.

Chris

Oh, one other thing, since you went with the chrome roof rack, you might also consider the factory aluminum billet gas cap door or one of the after-market chrome overlays.

Chris

I will definetly be looking at the chrome gas cap door.... They would look great with all the other chrome I'm planning on putting on it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the nitto terra grapplers on the truck with no lift. Let me know if you want to see any other variations.

nolift1.jpg

Back