WHAT IS THE BEST COMPUTER CHIP FOR A 92 EXPLORER? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WHAT IS THE BEST COMPUTER CHIP FOR A 92 EXPLORER?

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
Hi. Ive been working overtime the last two weeks at work and have decided to buy a performnce computer chip for my 92 explorer eddie bauer. this will be the first of several performance mods. Here is my question....i know there are several computer chips out there. what would be the best chip, and the best deal? im sure a lot of you x owners are running different chips, and i just need advice from the best. Thank ya much with this and my 4x4 problem (which is now fixed (knock on wood))

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also recommend Apten.

I like my Apten. :cool:

there is also superchip... i've heard good things about it and i am in the process of getting one...

Did someone say Apten at www.Apten-us.com Just making sure, they have actual 4.0 experience, something that most chip tuners don't. For my 4.0 business I only use and recommend Apten.

Later Doug904.

how would i go about getting an apten chip. on their website, it appears you have to custom order it with your vehicles specifications, correct? as for me, i have no idea down the road what all i am goin to add to my explorer, and therefore, dont know what to tell them. what has been ya'lls experiance?

Call Brian at Apten, he will be glad to help you with your new chip.

Back