Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I picked up Ricks old 2.5" OME springs.. I wanted to replace the larger bushings and now I have to (I lost 1/2 of the bigger bushing bringing it home)..

I can't find a Bushing (poly or rubber) to replace the ones in there. When I measured the bushing I got 1.86" diameter... Anyone know what application uses this bushing or where I can get a set (fast)..

Thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know what they got those bushing from Mark, but I do know the other half fell off on the side of my house :(

OME reccomended stock Explorer bushings, but the ones they put in there offer much less restriction to flex as I'm sure you can tell.

I have the part numbers for the bushings that I put in mine. I will have a look and see if I can find them.

I called ARB today.. (did you know OME is ARB?? I didn't until later today).. they said it does use the stock bushings.... For a 1996 Explorer... That would explain why the stock bushing for a 1992 explorer are no where near the right size..

The bad news is that no one down here has them.. it is even a 3 day wait even from a Dealer...

Do you want me to send you the other half of the bushing? Let me know ASAP. I'll send it tomorrow if you want. PM me with your address if you want to do it that way.

Back