What lift kit for my car? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What lift kit for my car?

MattVR

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, Explorer Sport
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport and I want to lift it. I'm not sure how much of a lift I want, but I know that I want to fit 33" tires on the vehicle. I also want the tires to be spaced so it looks thicker if you know what I mean. I have no knowledge of vehicles what so ever and I would like a little bit of guidance on the matter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2wd or 4wd?

Torsion twist, shackles and a 2 inch body lift.

What is the axle code in your rear door?

Excellent. The best axle code for lifting, 4.10 limited slip.

Torsion twist is free. You just lift the truck off the ground and adjust the bolts tighter.

Shackles are warrior brand, I think the part number is WAR-153

Body lifts are from Performance Assesories PA882, I think.

No, that’s not a lift, those are used to fill the gaps left. You would need a 883 for a Ranger. It’s not an exact fit, it needs a little modification. I think the bumper brackets are slightly different as well.

Body lift won’t effect the ride at all, it’s not a suspension lift. It raises the body further off the frame for more clearance.

A Torsion Twist will make the ride a little rougher due to not having due travel. As far as real suspension lifts, you are looking at thousands $$$.

Back