What manuel T-case for 2wd to 4wd SAS swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What manuel T-case for 2wd to 4wd SAS swap

swak6287

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
what kind of manual tcase can i use for my maybe 4wd swap? specifics please...like from what jeep or truck or model number.
i think manuel is easier to work with then wired.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A Borg Warner Manual 1354 is pretty much your only economical solution. They are found in manual t-case 1st gen Explorers.

Go the whole 9 and get an Atlas :D

lol....Alec, u are so funny. i dont think my x is worth having an Atlas.

thats for a different tranny i dont think it will bolt up you need a borg warner 1354 manual transfer case it would be out of a ranger or first gen explorer

ok..... maual t-case off a ranger and 1st gen ex. gotcha

An '82 BroncoII, that should be a BW1350 if I remember correctly. I think the seller is a little off calling it a 1345, but I am not sure. He is also wrong that it will fit Explorers, the 1350 (or 1345 as he calls it) has a flange output, whereas the 1354 has a yoke. Then again, if you are starting from scratch, converting from 2wd to 4wd, this isn't a big problem.

Also in that auction, it looks like he is including the shifter, but not the linkages. You want to find the linkages! They are harder to come by than the cases themselves.

Also, check out this thread. A member here is selling exactly what you need.

I thought the output shafts on the transmissions were different for the 2wd and 4wd. Meaning that the transfer case is not a direct bolt-up to the 2wd tranny, unless you change the output shaft. I know the internals of the tranny's are the same.

Back