What pressure?-High side fluctuates | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What pressure?-High side fluctuates

daveleeander

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
OK, I evacuated the system for 45 minutes after reaching 30", and let it sit for 15 and re-checked the pressure. It was holding, so I commenced to commencing. After adding a can and a half, the clutch started cycling slower, and I proceeded to put 2 & approximately 3/4 cans in (12 oz. cans). Sticker on car says 32 oz. for front air, 56 for front and rear. I wonder what is considered front and rear?. I have a rear outlet that comes out of the console, but nothing to control it other than on/off. Ford CD says 34 and 58. I'm close I think. :rolleyes:
My pressure is 30 low side, 195 to 205 high side. The high side is pulsating. If you hold the red hose, you can feel it pulsing.
The air temp outside is 93 deg. F. The air coming out of the center vents is 40 deg. F. with the car idling and on max air. It certainly is colder than it ever has been. :D
Does this sound normal?
The clutch is not cycling like I thought it was supposed to. :confused:

Dave

at 93 degrees it might not cycle. Especially without air over the condensor. I'd relax, it sounds like you are doing fine. Unless you have a separate rear cabin AC unit (with a 2nd evaporator) you did good.

Back