What Stock Gear Ratio?

Votes: 4 0.9%

Votes: 86 19.7%

Votes: 60 13.7%

Votes: 219 50.1%

Votes: 68 15.6%

• Total voters
3.27 - awesome highway mileage

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

97 XLT 3.55 open 4.0 SOHC

Joe

Hmm im not even sure what gears i had stock forgot to check before i had them taken out. Currently though i have 4:25:1 gears in, if i had to bet on what i had stock i would say it had 3.27 stock.

JWF

3.73 open... be nice if it was the LS but I guess I'm not on the trail that much.

3.27 open

Yeah, I know -- it sucks I have my 4.10s in my garage, just trying to find some time to install them

I've got a 4.0 SOHC 99 Sport with the axle code of D2, that means 4.10s.......yeah

My 91 came with 3.55 but that will soon change! I've got 4.56 precision gears for front and rear awaiting install! Can't wait!

My explorer came with a 4.10 trac-lock. My old ranger has 3.73 open.

Both have 3.73 LS

woo hoo 3.27 with 33s. hence dead transmission. $1400 later new transmission and soon regearing.

Does anyone have all the build codes for everything gor the 91-94 explorers.
Deron

well mines a ranger but 4.10s LS. on an 02 FX4

k i have 4.10's on mine. But can someone explain what this really means, I believe it means i can tow more? Also i could'nt find the 4.10 in the manual as to what my tow capacity is, hmmmm.

Robb, that link doesn't work for me. I would like to get that and save it for sure.

But I didn't know this, but truckmajic and crew told me my rear end was a 4.10, no wonder it hauled butt off the line.

Sorry to get back to this so late.
My axle code is D1 a 3.27LSD.
Wasnt listed on that page.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeff96 said:
k i have 4.10's on mine. But can someone explain what this really means, I believe it means i can tow more? Also i could'nt find the 4.10 in the manual as to what my tow capacity is, hmmmm.

the higher you go in gear ratios means the more low end torque you will have. this can be good for towing or getting your behind off the line (racing and getting next to a ricer)

Back