What tires are they shipping on the 2013 XLT 4wd? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What tires are they shipping on the 2013 XLT 4wd?

My 38 years working in GM dealer service departments, mostly as service manager, clearly demonstrated that we had few issues with Michelin tires compared to all other brands. In fact, I cannot recall ever seeing a Michelin that had a defect, especially one that caused a ride disturbance. Also, I like the super low aspect ratio tires on a sports car but not on a daily driver.

My 38 years working in GM dealer service departments, mostly as service manager, clearly demonstrated that we had few issues with Michelin tires compared to all other brands. In fact, I cannot recall ever seeing a Michelin that had a defect, especially one that caused a ride disturbance. Also, I like the super low aspect ratio tires on a sports car but not on a daily driver.
Welcome to the Forum usazr1.:wavey:
I hope you enjoy your new Explorer. Happy motoring.

Peter

I will be replacing my 'kooks with Michelin
My wife has Hankook's on her Ford Edge, and I couldn't be more than impressed. The tires were rated for 50,000 miles, and I had a set replaced at 60,000 miles when the tread left was only 2/32nd's. The only reason I had replaced a set earlier at 54,000 miles was because I had a flat, and I wanted to replace the set. Also, I didn't rotate the tires as suggested in the manual since I believe that 5,000 mile rotations are overkill.

Back