What type of 4 wheeling is in your area??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What type of 4 wheeling is in your area???

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
As I traveled toward FL on a trip. I passed many different terrain. i wondered what type of 4 wheeling people did in the different areas. Like in FL my mom says it is mostly mud. Where in WY it is mostly trail riding. So post up the type of wheeling you do in your area. Please post up your area. Lets get the information out about every state.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Arizona has everything :D From low deserts to mountain peaks above the tree line, and all the types of fourwheeling that go with it. Snow, mud, rock, sand, river crossings, fast trails, wash board trails, etc... Best of all we have tons of BLM land which is open for 'wheeling, camping, shooting etc...

Virginia has a lot of terrain to offer. I live in the Va Beach area, and mudding is all there is to do around here, since there are no vehicles allowed on the beach other than city and lifeguard trucks. Fortunately, the outer banks of North Carolina are a short drive away, and down there you will find many miles of beach to drive on. The mountains aren't far from me either, so there's trail riding also. The problem is that there aren't many designated recreational areas for offroading in VA. If you really want to have fun you need to know someone that owns land to wheel on.

NM: Extreme rock crawling, basic trail riding, mild rock crawling, go fast desert, sand, water crossings, a few mud bogs are around, Overlanding (the Continental Divide Motorized Trail dissects the entire state), Historical dirt trails, 1 or 2 Private Offroad Parks. We have a lot of BLM and Forest Service Land to use.

..I believe Southern California has most every type of 4 wheeling available to mankind..:D

..From the world famous desert destination's like the Mojave Desert and Death Valley to the infamous Sierra Nevada's with trails like the Rubicon trail.

..Our local foothills range from a couple hundred feet above sea level to over 8000 feet and they make for a great training ground for anyone with a stock vehicle to the more adventurous types..

..Where else can you go from sunrise surfing at the beach, to wheeling in the snow in the local mountains, blasting thru the desert and/or rock crawling, then down to Mexico for Lobster and beer?...All in the same day..;)

..Plus we have a beach with sand dunes...It may be only one beach and just a bit north of true SoCal but it is truly wheelable destination..:biggthump

..Get out and explore your local areas

..If you are a beginner and would like to get together in a small group to wheel for a day, or more experienced and are looking to go camping for a weekend or even a week..Let's talk and go explore all these trails we have offered to us locally..:burnout:

..Where else can you go from sunrise surfing at the beach, to wheeling in the snow in the local mountains, blasting thru the desert and/or rock crawling, then down to Mexico for Lobster and beer?...All in the same day..;)

Not with the traffic I've heard about out there!

It's the only place in my life where it took me one hour to drive five miles even though there was pavement under my tires :D No accident's either, just trying to traverse the LA area from North to South during rush hour. Or would that be rush half day??

In California...98% of the time there is no traffic offroad..;)

..You know..:scratch:

..This would be an awesome day trip during the week for those who might be interested and it would dispel a lot of mis-beliefs about California..and for those not wanting to cross the border, we could just eat in San Diego..;)

Back