What will replace your Sport Trac? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What will replace your Sport Trac?

hahaha...I saw some of your posts before my purchase. I searched the forum for issues as I know a lot about the 1st gens but knew nothing about the 2nd gen. You helped me to keep getting the price down. Thanks. I still think I had to pay too much for an older truck, but that is what they are going for.

My 1st gen is great, but I wanted to move on. Maybe I will regret it, but I hope not.

Glad to help. Hope you got deep pockets or lots of spare time to swing a wrench.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to help. Hope you got deep pockets or lots of spare time to swing a wrench.

Not so much of either. They offered up the platinum Ford warranty at the dealer I bought it from. I have 30 days to back out and get my almost $2k back. Maybe I should hold on to that warranty...? I usually do my own work so I figured I would probably back out of it, but I did notice my coolant was low (topped it off to "cold" line twice now), hot air blowing on one vent side and cold on the other, transmission acted funny several times, especially going into and out of 2nd gear (passengers said, "whoa! what was that."), brakes are really bad (need to do that myself regardless), spark plugs have not been changed, and I already replaced the broken radio... I think that is it. This is my second day of driving it.

welcome to lemon country.

WTH.... I have antifreeze all over the place. Looks like radiator time. Transmission really funky too. Started rolling backward on me this morning on a very slight incline. Guess I will call the dealer in the morning first to see if they want to help me with this as I have only had it a couple days.

WTH.... I have antifreeze all over the place. Looks like radiator time. Transmission really funky too. Started rolling backward on me this morning on a very slight incline. Guess I will call the dealer in the morning first to see if they want to help me with this as I have only had it a couple days.

You should have that extra 2k you spent in extra warranty used up in no time. Rad and thermostat housing will probably be close in a shop. Even more so if there is anything at all wrong with that transmission.

I'm too brand loyal to move into something else. My ST only has 66000km on it. I have full warranty almost 3 years and 50000km left to go. Once I get to that point, I'll likely move to an F150. If Ford has another smaller option at that time I might consider it, but I can't see how they'd bring out something with similar specs to the ST (towing, etc).

That unibody rumour out there doesn't sound like anything worth it for working - My ST has a cap, is often full of tools, and hauls modest loads occasionally.

I should also note that if the ST is still trucking on fine after 2 or 3 years, I may be in no hurry to replace it..

I changed my 2006 v6 explorer for the 2007 St v8 limited really i don't want to replace it it's a pretty good truck but when the time comes I will definitely stay with Ford thinking about an 2010 expedition or F-150

Back