What's better than a Ford Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's better than a Ford Explorer?

tgunn_ocs

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Try two Explorers now in the family.

I picked up my Explorer Sport on Friday...and man do I love this vehicle. Well the Mrs. drove it Saturday and she fell in love with it. She came home and said I think you are gonna be mad at me. (I instantly thought she dinged it lol). She wanted one because she really loved it and thought I would be upset that we would have matching cars.

We had been waiting for the new Hyundai Santa Fe (7 Seater) to come out before we went and test drove everything (with four kids we had decided we needed both vehicles to have three rows). After seeing the Explorer, she decided she didn't want to wait and wanted to get her new car. We went and drove all the three row SUVs of interest to us...a Highlander, Pilot, New Pathfinder, New Acadia, and an Explorer. I have to say they all are making nice Vehicles. Very similar in features and functions. The Pilot really is showing its age but there are some things we liked about it for sure (it worked similar to our 2011 Odyssey we traded in for my Explorer). The new Pathfinder was nice though pricey with the options she wanted. The new style Acadia was nice (we had one before) though again pricey with options and not really dealing on those. She liked the Highlander a lot as it was similar to driving her current car and it didn't feel "big".

Ultimately though with X-Plan we decided on another 2013 Explorer, this one is a 4WD XLT in the White Platinum Tri-Coat with 202A, Dual Moon Roof, Navi, Power Tailgate, Tow, and 20" wheels....

We pick it up tonight and assuming the weather cooperates....I will get some pics of both of them side by side... I already owe some pics of my Sport...though with the weather being cold and snowy here its given me some time to get accessories installed.

Between my Explorer Sport for work, my wife's Explorer for personal use, and the F350, Explorer Base, and Transit I have coming in for work, Ford owes me a little something lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's better than a Ford Explorer? more Ford Explorers of course :D

Si

i second that!
I love my explorer! the only thing I would have taken that is different is a crew cab f150 (4 doors, 5 seats, a bed) but my explorer already has 4 doors, 5 seats, and you can knock the seats down for a bed that has a cap built in! money saved...

We currently have at our house... 1 97 XL, my 99 Sport, 2 01 Sports... I also have a whole load of parts explorers and one very special one back in the UK which will be coming over here one day!!... The only other thing I really want is an Excursion 7.3... :D

Si

Si, I always tell myself if my engine goes a Sawzall will cut out anything in the way of a 7.3 getting slammed into my explorer.. turboed, obviously :D
Who could say no to a 'Stroked Explorer?!

Thats great TGUNN. That thought has crossed my mind while we have been waiting for the Explorer Sport for my wife. We just use our F350 for so many things and I can't see keeping both of them. But I really like this new Explorer, especially the Sport.
My F350 was in the shop for a few days and we rented an XLT (on the dealer) and that really pushed her off the fence. We had been looking for some time, but she has been very reluctant to trade her BMW Z4. But when she drove the Sport, that was it. She turned on a dime. So, between the rental and driving the Sport, that was an expensive repair on my F350.
Sounds like you have a lot of Fords around your place, too. Except for the BMW's we really won't buy anything else. And now, we're really done with BMW. Three models (328, X5, Z4) and poor quality in all of them. They are definately performers, but they have some serious quality issues. But that is another forum.

Congratulations on your new Explorers!! I look forward to pictures.

...We pick it up tonight and assuming the weather cooperates....I will get some pics of both of them side by side... I already owe some pics of my Sport...

Congratulations again! I can't wait to see some pictures (hint, hint) and get doubly jealous of your twin Explorers!

Crystal

I promise more pics if this weather ever breaks....nothing but snow and rain since we picked them up

sport.JPG

sport1.jpg

Back