Wheel bearings 00 North Face UK

chrystal

Reaction score
City, State
essex uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face
Hi from the uk

I think I have got problems with front wheel bearings. There is a rumbling noise while driving straight ahead and a clicking noise on full lock. i jacked up the wheel and it had movement on 12-6 and 9-3. i looked at the ball joints - no movement, it was just the wheel and the brake disc moving. I have searched on here and it appears that mine being a '00 I have to buy the complete hub - I take it that is true for uk models to?

If so, does anyone in the uk know where I can get one apart from Fords? and how much are they (almost to frightened to ask!!)

Cheers Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup 95-01 use sealed wheel bearing/hub assemblies.. Locally they go for $180 at the parts store so your looking at a pretty penny for one..

E bay carries em for 95 and shipping. Some of the people selling on there whack you in the shipping dept., but you may find something there that works.

If you were to buy of E-bay I would first ask what manufacture of bearings they use.

If it is not TIMKEN, SKF or BCA run! TIMKEN is what FORD uses straight from the factory.
All freight train bearings in the states are TIMKEN so this should tell you something.

SKF has been around along time & is one of the first makers of ball bearings.

I have worked 17-1/2 years for an industrial bearing distributor & it is scary the places that bearings are made.

I have seen tapered roller bearings made in Russia, China, & Pakistan! :eek:

Bearings are definately one place you do not want to scrimp on.

Dan Whitaker said:
Bearings are definately one place you do not want to scrimp on.

Jeez, they only hold the wheel on! What's the big deal?? :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

Indeed, stick with Ford OEM hubs or brand-name (not made-in-China) bearings. Your symptoms are definately a bad bearing. Figure about $150+ US, plus shipping if necessary. Because of the cost of shipping, it may be cheaper to purchase them there locally. For comparison, e-mail Torrie at www.fastpartsnetwork.com and ask if he can ship to the UK. If so, that'll likely be your best deal on OEM parts.

-Joe

Thanks for the above - Ford Uk have them for £197, and its the only place I can get them - you boys are lucky!!

have you bought the bearings from ford as there is a company on ebay that can get just about everything (geniune parts) a lot cheaper than ford & he is a UK seller.(directford)

Back