• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Help????

ducrnd

Reaction score
City, State
N,Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xlt
OK. After looking through the site till my eyes went blurry, I am just gonna ask.
I have an 01 EXP limited. with 16 inch wheels, 5 hole tear drop.. UGLY.
hated since day one. But I have finally decided to put new wheels on, I like the 02 - 05 5 spoke exp wheels. ... Question. My wheels have a slight scallop to them and the 02-05 wheels are more like front wheel drive style. more flush. Would I need spacers to make the new rims sit flush with the fenders, It looks like they would be to far back into the wheel well and my bottom out while turning.....
All stock 1st owner since day one bought new.
SOMEONE has to know.......... Please.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays..............
Kevin

it's called wheel back-spacing. it's the measurement from the back of the center of the wheel (where if mounts on the axle/hub) to the inner edge of the wheel rim. the less the back-spacing, the more a wheel of equal width will stick out. that being said, a wider wheel with back-spacing equal to the stock wheel will also stick out further.

I just saw a 2nd Gen with what I'm certain are 3rd Gen wheels on it. Looked good from the side, but from front or rear it looks goofy because the tires are tucked way inside the fenders. In this case it was made worse by the EB type fender flairs. I think the track width on the 2nd Gens often looks a bit narrow anyway, and these wheels made it look too narrow to be safe and stable.

I just saw a 2nd Gen with what I'm certain are 3rd Gen wheels on it. Looked good from the side, but from front or rear it looks goofy because the tires are tucked way inside the fenders. In this case it was made worse by the EB type fender flairs. I think the track width on the 2nd Gens often looks a bit narrow anyway, and these wheels made it look too narrow to be safe and stable.

Thats what Im thinking, but what would be the size of the spacers I need to to make it look correct ???

Back