Wheel Spacer Help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Spacer Help

yea. almost flush with the wells

That looks good I like it.
Whats your opinion on wheels that stick out about 1 inch to 1.5 inch past the wells?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depends on what youre getting at. the truck will ride fine and all. maybe create a little drag going down the road from wind hitting it which really wont matter (just saying). the big thing is what your state has for rules. a lot of states want a fender over the whole tire so debree isnt thrown everywhere so you may need to get a fender flare. Massachusetts isnt too picky on that subject for an inch but i know states like Virginia and california are pretty harsh.

also to add, i did the spacer cause im using stock wheels that i painted and wanted to offset them more. i never checked to see what wheels youre using.

depends on what youre getting at. the truck will ride fine and all. maybe create a little drag going down the road from wind hitting it which really wont matter (just saying). the big thing is what your state has for rules. a lot of states want a fender over the whole tire so debree isnt thrown everywhere so you may need to get a fender flare. Massachusetts isnt too picky on that subject for an inch but i know states like Virginia and california are pretty harsh.

also to add, i did the spacer cause im using stock wheels that i painted and wanted to offset them more. i never checked to see what wheels youre using.

Okay yeah I live in Michigan and I'm not to sure about the rules here on that. Is there a website I can look at that will tell me?
For the rims I'm going to be using the stock ones and I'll be painting them black

Okay yeah I live in Michigan and I'm not to sure about the rules here on that. Is there a website I can look at that will tell me?
For the rims I'm going to be using the stock ones and I'll be painting them black

I did matte black on mine with a few coats of matte clear and they look so much better. gonna have to find a Michigan rule book if its at all possible without pulling a wheres waldo on it. id doubt theyre one of those states that would be prunes with it but dont take my word for it

How did you fix that??

The spacers I ment it rubbed frame a lot bumper I trimed a good 2-3" off the spacers took the tires off the frame now they hit the nice smooth sway bar at the curve in it so I'm not worried about it now

The spacers I ment it rubbed frame a lot bumper I trimed a good 2-3" off the spacers took the tires off the frame now they hit the nice smooth sway bar at the curve in it so I'm not worried about it now

Ooh alright

I did matte black on mine with a few coats of matte clear and they look so much better. gonna have to find a Michigan rule book if its at all possible without pulling a wheres waldo on it. id doubt theyre one of those states that would be prunes with it but dont take my word for it

Yeah I planned on doing matte black and then the cap that covers the lugs I was gonna paint red and I'll try finding something on the wheels and fenders

Okay thanks for letting me know about that, I didn't even think about that.
So do you think the bolt on spacers I put in the link at the top would be wide enough to where I wouldn't have to trim the bolts?

Not sure. You'll need to measure the stock bolts and then deduct that from the adapter height and that will tell you.

Not sure. You'll need to measure the stock bolts and then deduct that from the adapter height and that will tell you.

okay thank you

Does anyone know the hub sizes front and back?

I've been searching around on laws for how far the tire and stick out from the fender and I can't seem to find anything on it. I found one site that was listing laws for lifts in Michigan and under Fenders it said unknown and then I found another forum and people are saying that it can't be more than 3 inches past the fender but then other people where saying there isn't a law http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=4019
there's the link if you want to check it out

I've been thinking of doing this (spacers or offset wheels) to my 97 LTD to improve stability and handling.

Did you notice a real improvement in sway stability ?

Sways less steering is tighter due to the wheel width offset and spacers wife has a hard time in parking lots lol

Back