Wheel Spacers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Spacers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

call the place up, ask em if its for a pair or for all four . usually its for a pair tho.

i got the right link

"Pro-Spacer, Wheel Spacer, Sold Individually, Made Of Aircraft Aluminum Alloy, Bolt Pattern 5x114.3, 70.5 Center Bore/Hub Dia., "

this is a quote from the page... SOLD INDIVIDUALLY

spacers

I have those on my explorer. I bought mustang cobra rims(i think they are the 95) To make them fit i bought these spacers(1") They work very well and made my 1997 eddie stance look much better. I've had them for 5 years and not a single problem.

Failed to mention I had to grind the wheel bolts very little. my and 1/8" or even less.

wheel bolts? the studs you mean?

-Drew

why would you have to grind down the studs? Are these on the factory studs or the spacer studs?

-Drew

the width of the spacers are shorter than the total length of the studs. when you try to put your rims on they will bump into the studs. You will be unable to put the rims flush onto the spacers.

ExplorerDMB said:
why would you have to grind down the studs? Are these on the factory studs or the spacer studs?

-Drew

If your spacer's width is not equal to or greater than the length of your stock studs, you will have trim them.

jinx

you would have to grind the stock studs.

thats a waste of money for one a piece for that price

Check ebay for (wheel spacers) seems they have them for alot less

Yeah but when it comes to something like allready somewhat dangerous wheel spacers, do you really want to risk buying cheap stuff? Ive heard horror stories about wheel spacers, so I refuse to use them because I use my Mountaineer for towing. Id like to set my rear wheels out because they seem too narrow, but Id hate to risk a spacer breaking under a load and a wheel falling off at 60 MPH. That would suck.

Good point. I can't remember exactly but I believe I paid 110.00 for a pair(5 years ago). They are made in Germany not sure of the brand. I've had no problems with them over the 5 years I've been using them.

Back