wheel/tire clearance ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel/tire clearance ??

i have an 05 explorer xlt, im looking at the 16x8 pacer alloy soft 8 rims (5x4.5) i need to know (A) if these will fit properly and flush or a little poke? i was considering putting an inch or 1.5in spacers if needed. and (B) what size tires will fit without rubbing? i want somewhat beefy a/t tires but so far ive seen 265x75x16 is the largest you can apply without lift and "modifying" the wheel well...

Been trying to figure out the same thing as well. From the hours of searches it sounds like 265's are as big as you can go. Sounds like you can run them on stock wheels but they may or may not rub a little. I'm not a fan of spacers so I'm looking for a wheel that will push out the tires a touch to make sure there is clearance which I think a -6 offset will do but I'm not sure.

Crappy part is it's kinda hard to find a 265 in a decent tread that isnt 8 or 10 ply. I don't want my rig to ride like a tank...already have one of those, just need more traction when off the pavement. Wish 15" rims would fit.....

Back