Wheel/tire fit on 2001 Edge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel/tire fit on 2001 Edge

2001Redge

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger
I want to install 285/75 R 16 tires with new 16"x8" AR wheels that have +12mm offset on my 2001 Ranger Edge 4X4. The suspension is stock and there is no body lift on the truck. Does anybody know if these will fit without rubbing? The truck has 265/75 R 16 tires on the stock 16"X7" wheels no without any problems. Seems to me this isn't much of a step up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there!

You might want to search the Modified Rangers forum... That should get you started. Suerte! And, nice to see you here... :cool:

Click on Forums and scroll down until you hit your year (generation)...

285's will rub on a stock Ranger.

yes they will rub

My buddy has to have TT and AAL to fit his 285/75/16's on his ranger and they still rub a little bit but not much

TT and AAL???

A TT isn't a lift. It will only change where the suspension rests. The suspension will still compress to the same position. That and the tire will also rub on the back of the fender when turned.
You could cut up the fenders a bit if you want, or you could get fiberglass fenders... http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/shop/product.php?productid=29&cat=2&page=2
You could fit 33x10.50's on 15x7's with very little or no rubbing (only slight rubbing under full compression).

Back