When fixing MFT, don't forget ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When fixing MFT, don't forget ...

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
Just throwing these out here for Ford, probably covered off elsewhere, but I wanted to make sure they were covered off in the next MFT iteration if possible ...

1) Started the car and backed up and heard static sound from back speakers. Very unusual. That stopped, and then I found that the speakers had stopped working. You could see that the car could hear commands, but there was no response, even after saying "Voice Commands On" (or whatever that command is) and seeing "Success" acknowledged. Turning car off, and restarting, fixed this glitch.

2) We are very often finding that when using navigation it says "select a line" ... but there is NOTHING on the screen. I have occasionally selected line 1 and do receive a result.

3) Setting "Home" is exceedingly difficult when your home driveway doesn't correspond to the house address. That of course means that you have to turn the route off, all the time - annoying.

4) I really would like to see phone battery in the corner of the communication screen. There is some text that could be gotten rid of instead. Also, for signal strength, it can look like full signal even when there is none, with that graphic. Please only put up bars when there is actual signal, instead of colouring in the bars, which is harder to discern.

5) I've mentioned it before, but there is an issue with adjusting voice volume, that turns off the voice entirely in navigation.

BTW - other than MFT we love the Explorer, although my wife grumbles and complains and asks why doesn't MFT work in such an expensive car, etc. I think MFT is good, but it sets expectations, and when it fails calls into question the reliability of the car as a whole for my wife (and probably others). When it works, it is great, so a real MFT fix will do wonders.

Back