Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

yea a lot came off on my hands just from carrying it lol
its not exactly stock height, my non stock tires gave it .5" of lift lol
hopefully by the end of the year itll be higher tho

Would be easier and cheaper to just buy mine:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome

woo, VA!!

wow. old, back when i wanted josh's truck lol

and.
yea a lot came off on my hands just from carrying it lol
its not exactly stock height, my non stock tires gave it .5" of lift lol
hopefully by the end of the year itll be higher tho
that didnt work, but the word 'year' was correct. took a year and a couple weeks and the rears higher lol
front is still.... getting there..

Ashland va here anyone know of some places to trail ride nearby?

Anyone in the lynchburg area?

Have you tried to hook up with the central virginia 4 wheel drive association. It has been a few years since I wheels with them, but they are a great bunch of guys. I believe that they do a couple open dates for wheeling.

You can google them to get info.

It is very likely that we will be doing a September run to Stony Run (Big Levels). I will only wheel one day, but Stony Run is less than 30 minutes from Shoe Creek.

Doubt I'm still a member but I can tell you that they are a great bunch. They have a meeting/event about every month and are on private land. Most people have full-sized rigs but I had a blast with my stock Zuk. Miss those guys.

Andy,

Good to see you still cruse the forum. Did Bobby every get/build a new trail rig?

I saw a Samuria for sale the other day, and I thought about you.

Northern VA

Are there any members in the D.M.V. area!?

I live in Germantown but work in DC. I also take the Orange line to your house at noon each day to eat lunch :)

I live in Germantown but work in DC. I also take the Orange line to your house at noon each day to eat lunch :)

Nice! I'm actually in Clarendon and work out of Shirlington and our DC project office.

If you ever take your truck out, let me know! I've also searched for any type of off-road club up here and have found slim to none. Any ideas?

I could / would meet yall for any trips

Ill be in too after i get my front gears in!!:(

Checking in from the Shenandoah Valley. Greetings, everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sounds like we may have enough interest for an early fall run. In the next day or two I will start a thread for a George Washington National Forest run.

Here is what I am thinking. The second weekend after labor day Saturday September 17, 2011. We can run Stoney Run (Big Levels) on Saturday. I am a day tripper so only one day for me. For those who need to wheel a second day, Shoe Creek is very close. The end of Stoney Run has some nice camping spots.

Both trails are about 3-hours without detours. Stoney Run has a little mud at the end, otherwise mostly rocky roads. Both trails are able to be run stock, but you may rub a little.

Spike (fishfood) has already said that he is in so two of us should be a go for sure.

Back