ok Virginia Explorers... your turn :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ok Virginia Explorers... your turn :)

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I'll be in Herndon, Virginia next week, Sunday through Friday. I won't have my explorer I'll be in my rental car, but if anyone wants to get together for dinner or something, let me know! Since I don't think I've ever met anyone from the east coast off the board before... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you're visiting the great state of Virginia... Where exactly is Herndon located, and why would you travel this far? I'm assuming you just have the urge to visit the best state in the entire U.S. :)

I actually don't know where Herndon is. I know its not too far from D.C. and near an airport somewhere. I'm coming out there because my work is forcing me to go out there, not by choice, thats for sure, LOL.

I checked it out and it's about 4.5 hours from here. Too bad...

Originally posted by mattadams
I actually don't know where Herndon is. I know its not too far from D.C. and near an airport somewhere. I'm coming out there because my work is forcing me to go out there, not by choice, thats for sure, LOL.

Herndon is about 2 miles of the Dulles Airport (Whashington D.C. International airport). Just dropped there my wife off today.

I will be installing the 2" lift on my Grand Cherokee this week-end. If you feel like driving to Richmond and lend me a hand ... lol

Is there a possibility to contact you while you are there? If I manage to finish the lift on Saturday, I might be driving the 2 hours up there on Sunday to meet with ya.

BTW. There is a 4-wheel store in Sterling, which is just next to Herndon. They are called 4x4connection and they are also on the net a www.4x4connection.com Nothing you wouldn't be able to find in Colorado, just in case you really get bored.

well unfortunately I won't be there Sunday as planned. I'll be there starting Monday til Friday. They found out how much cheaper it would be to ship me out on a weekday then a weekend. I forget what hotel I am staying at, but I'll leave that information here once I get it (its sitting on my desk at work) thats also where the hotel number is. I'll have my personal cell phone with me, not sure how often it will be on though, 303-437-1275. Your best bet will be to post something here, I'm sure I'll ahve the capability of checking out the board from the hotel :).

It might work

I should have a business meeting in Leesburg, VA early next week, probably Tuesday. From Leesburg, it's just about 1/2 hour so that might work. From when on are you gonna be off in the evenings?

Ohh, an other point: You addressed this post to the "Virginia Explorers". So I hope you would not mind having a beer with a Jeeper ;)

poor timing...

Hey Matt,

Even though Im in MD, Herndon is just across the Potomac -its close (30min on the beltway) to me but...unfortunately(fortunately for me) Ill be in NC enjoying the Outerbanks-and Michael -YES- I will be wheeling the rental Excursion in the sand!!!

Maybe next time.

Back