Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

Where did everybody go? Anybody serious about a GWNF run this fall?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would'nt mind checking out that place in Crozet sometime. I ended up going out with an Exterra club and had a lot of fun. I'm waiting to hear back from SteveVB on some contact info.

Dont worry, I will post it here, but, I'm sure SteveVB will too.

I started the e-mail and then didnt follow through, Ill try and get to it tonight or tomorrow am.

Hey guys!

I've been promising JoshC and Yob Yeknom for years that I would try to get down that way for a run, but I haven't seen anything really worthwhile yet (pardon my ignorance if I missed something). I'm about 3 hours from Richmond, and 5 from Roanoke (My limit on driving time to a run is 4 hours with an overnight stay). Blee1099 drives to DC every day for work, I'm sure he wouldn't mind coming down to get in some wheelin too....

If y'all have a run within 4 hours of me I can try to make it, although I'd have to hitch a ride with someone- Tank's still not legal and even if he was, I wouldn't trust the old fart to make such a long trip in one piece.

So what's going on with this? You guys have a date and a place yet? I'm too lazy to backtrack through 5 pages of BSing :confused:

I am really up for something. Whatever and whenever. Im heading down to VA. Beach this weekend, and hoping to get Ed a little dirty (not the explorer, the F150), and so if anyone down there would like to join, let me know.

Lets do the GWNF thingi ;)

Brea said:
I am really up for something. Whatever and whenever. Im heading down to VA. Beach this weekend, and hoping to get Ed a little dirty (not the explorer, the F150), and so if anyone down there would like to join, let me know.

Lets do the GWNF thingi ;)

Where in Va Beach? I move down there tomorrow (29th)

There are no legal places down here that I know of. Don't get caught. :p

Josh we've been thru this on the legal places down there, i am heading to Canal. It is legal, so no stress. I looked at the weather and it should be rainy on sat, so that makes it good and gooey in the mud. :D

Josh said:
I would'nt mind checking out that place in Crozet sometime. I ended up going out with an Exterra club and had a lot of fun. I'm waiting to hear back from SteveVB on some contact info.

Sorry it took so long, I wanted to make sure it was ok to post the info. Ive included Chris's e-mail addy for further info:

From: "Chris Packard" <jeepnchris@xjsrule.com> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: "Steve" <stevevb@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Crozet questions
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:34:36 +0000

Steve,

We are open for guided trail rides. We need to have about 4 or 5 rigs
minimum and say 10 max. We charge 30.00 per weekend with primitive camping
available (Friday night, Saturday night camping and showers are available),
and 20.00 per day. We require a few days notice. Our trails are rated
Blue, Black, and Red. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris Packard

Brea said:
Josh we've been thru this on the legal places down there, i am heading to Canal. It is legal, so no stress. I looked at the weather and it should be rainy on sat, so that makes it good and gooey in the mud. :D

Sorry, I was thinking VA Beach. I would go, but, My wife is leaving for Germany for 3 weeks Sunday and I have a trip to DC as well. dgibson lives near there and I think he goes out there alot.

Well Josh, hope she has a good trip, i love Germany been there and would love to live there, hope shes going for pleasure. And hope your drive up here is good.How long you gonna be in D.C?

From: "Chris Packard" <jeepnchris@xjsrule.com> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: "Steve" <stevevb@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Crozet questions
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:34:36 +0000

Steve,

We are open for guided trail rides. We need to have about 4 or 5 rigs
minimum and say 10 max. We charge 30.00 per weekend with primitive camping
available (Friday night, Saturday night camping and showers are available),
and 20.00 per day. We require a few days notice. Our trails are rated
Blue, Black, and Red. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris Packard[/QUOTE]

Anybody intersted. I am in if we can go in the next few weeks. I believe that I can get another truck to go.

I just joined this week and I am located in Smithfield Va. I would be very interested in hooking up sometime. I am only an hour away from Richmond or Va Bch. I have a 99 sport with 35's and would love to do a little riding
DT

Donaldthacker: what kind of lift do you have to fit 35's I was wondering because I have a 99 sport also?

I live out here in Norfolk let me know when you guys are going to make your next run out at that Canal spot. That's off military right, anyone have directions.

For the No Va and close to DC folks...

Last I knew out by Leesburg was a place that you could go fourwheeling at and as long as you were out by dark the cops pretty much looked the other way (aka not illegal as long as you followed the BIG giant rules sign there). The last time I was there there was a white f250 that was pretty much impossibly stuck (minus three other trucks and possibly a wrecker to get him out) Picture an upside down 7 with the top part being the ground and the angle being the truck. Literally the rear wheels were about 5 feet off the ground and it was there for about 3 weeks before one day it mysteriously vanished. The lake is Fairfax Citys reservoir BUT the land is in Loudon county/city of leesburg. I used to go up there routinely throughout the summer to go swimming in the reservoir but it got gated when 6 people drowned at once (idiotic woman that cant swim with 5 kids hanging on her on a rock in neck deep water) but there are trails out there last I checked that werent gated, blocked or Bouldered over. If anyone is interested Id be more then willing to check and see if it is still passable out there at some point.

I can try to get in touch with a few friends to see if they know of any other areas in the Northern Va area that are open or non illegal to offroad at.

/wont get to go fourwheeling due to stock height with broken 4x4 'ho

SteveVB said:
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Do everyone a favor and stay to legal trails and discourage those who use the illegal ones. If you don't have permission to run it- dont. We (the 4x community) are loosing the battle against trail closures, riding where we shouldnt doesnt help.

Yeah and there is so many places to go... Whatever Man.. I say get MUDDY where ya can.. And BREA' BTW ur explorer is not a 94 its a 97 change ur signature,, or gimme my truck back... :confused: :D

PBO2274

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVB

Do everyone a favor and stay to legal trails and discourage those who use the illegal ones. If you don't have permission to run it- dont. We (the 4x community) are loosing the battle against trail closures, riding where we shouldnt doesnt help.

Yeah and there is so many places to go... Whatever Man.. I say get MUDDY where ya can.. And BREA' BTW ur explorer is not a 94 its a 97 change ur signature,, or gimme my truck back...

Which is better, Being able to go places without having to pay tickets, get your truck outta impound etc or getting a ticket for trespassing plus having to do the previously mentioned in addition to having to pay off a bunch of tickets for ANYTHING that is mildy illegal on your truck?

I see your point but at the same time I have been present when the cops have blocked and waited for mudders, trepsassers and street racers to try to leave (different places different times) Be a hard ass all you want but the cost outweighs the benefits after a time.

your call and your choice but me Id rather have limited options and NO tickets rather then do what I want and have to pay the state even more $$ then I already have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adragontattoo said:
PBO2274

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVB

Yeah and there is so many places to go... Whatever Man.. I say get MUDDY where ya can.. And BREA' BTW ur explorer is not a 94 its a 97 change ur signature,, or gimme my truck back...

Which is better, Being able to go places without having to pay tickets, get your truck outta impound etc or getting a ticket for trespassing plus having to do the previously mentioned in addition to having to pay off a bunch of tickets for ANYTHING that is mildy illegal on your truck?

I see your point but at the same time I have been present when the cops have blocked and waited for mudders, trepsassers and street racers to try to leave (different places different times) Be a hard ass all you want but the cost outweighs the benefits after a time.

your call and your choice but me Id rather have limited options and NO tickets rather then do what I want and have to pay the state even more $$ then I already have.

Like I said man U do what U want and I will do the same.. Down here there really isnt many places to go so, its either MUD when ya can and take the risk or dont... So thats my 2cents and thats what we do.. BTW The places we go we have seen cops there actually they have taken pictures of a STUCK H2 and havent done anything but forward us the pics VIA email.... :eek:

Back