Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

pbo2274 said:
BTW The places we go we have seen cops there actually they have taken pictures of a STUCK H2 and havent done anything but forward us the pics VIA email.... :eek:

Then it must not be illegal. So wheel on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We used to ride out in P town at this place called Craddock AKA the Mud Flats. The police used to come out and watch us ride our dirtbikes all the time for about 4 years. Then one day out of the blue, They started writing tickets. Because of what I do, I cant afford to have encounters with the law. It could cost me my job and I like the whole roof over my head thing, but, if you can get away with it and have fun, more power to ya. Besides, if I'm lucky, I'll get a job offer from Colorado soon and I'm gone! I cant stand the East coast, no offense to those that do;)

pbo2274 said:
Like I said man U do what U want and I will do the same.. Down here there really isnt many places to go so, its either MUD when ya can and take the risk or dont... So thats my 2cents and thats what we do.. BTW The places we go we have seen cops there actually they have taken pictures of a STUCK H2 and havent done anything but forward us the pics VIA email.... :eek:

pbo2274 said:
Yeah and there is so many places to go... Whatever Man.. I say get MUDDY where ya can..
If you cannot find a legal place nearby, then you search ELSEWHERE for a legal place. It's the idiots who illegally tear **** up that make the rest of us who have common sense and decency look bad. :mad:

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but I am looking for a wheeling weekend here pretty soon. The leaves are peaking now so a fall colors run is out of the question. Regardless, we need to a run going!

Brian,

I am in. I have a few weekends that I can't go, but if I am available I'm ready. Do you think we should do the GWNF? It would be nice to go before hunting season opens.

To the other outlaw wheelers, if you have not been to the GWNF to wheel then you need to. Its completly legal if you simply tread lightly. Spectacular views, rough camping, a little mud (enough to stick your truck), and some rock crawling really beats Va beach mud. So lets get a run together.

I am also in. If you guys put something together please let me know

Anybody, GWNF or the private land in Crozet? If we set a date then can make final plans. How about the first weekend in December for GWNF or the last weekend in November for Crozet.

I will be in the big sand box during that time or I would be interested.

I hope that that big sand box a beach and not a desert.

I wish. I will be away from the action. Sometimes I would love to go over there and bag me some bad guys.

I don't think I'll be able to go until after the New Year. The semester is wrapping up, so my weekends are pretty packed with work to get done. However, if lots of other people agree that Nov or Dec or better I might be able to work something out.

Sorry, I had to move the hell outta VA. It was nice hitting the beaches down in OBX, but Va Beach has some fords, too! They used to chase me away from the trails by the jet base. Man, I hate VA... no offense, lol

Ditto! I am hoping to get a job in Colorado or Washington state.

urbanistic said:
Sorry, I had to move the hell outta VA. It was nice hitting the beaches down in OBX, but Va Beach has some fords, too! They used to chase me away from the trails by the jet base. Man, I hate VA... no offense, lol

im in midlothian about 20min south of richmond im up for a meet pretty much anywhere anytime if its wheelin though i might have to ride w/ someone on the trail :(

Whats up fellow virginians, i'm new on this board and to offroading. I'm in Leesburg and down for some trail riding shortly, seems like something almost came together....

Welcome to the site. Hopefully we can get a run together soon.

Yes welcome to the board. I would like to get a run going sometime. Anybody know the guy with the green Ex with the 4-link SAS? I would like to know where he got that from. I think he works out of Oceana.

Josh said:
Yes welcome to the board. I would like to get a run going sometime. Anybody know the guy with the green Ex with the 4-link SAS? I would like to know where he got that from. I think he works out of Oceana.

What color is your truck? I'm always out and about down here and I ahve seen alot of lifted 1st gens

Josh said:

His name is Carl. He does work at Oceana. Carl and I are both members of the same offroad club. www.hicenterdor.com He made the 4link hisself. The guy is a total wizard when it comes to things like that. Which one of his x's have you seen? He has one on 35's he is selling and another on 40's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey I tried to contact the hicentered club and no one responded to my emails. Are they for real? I want to get out and play some

Back