Where can I find rotors that hats haven't been drilled. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I find rotors that hats haven't been drilled.

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
As some of you may have seen my brother is doing a lot of work to his truck. As part of that work, he's converting the rear drums to discs using parts off of a 96 Heep grand cherokee. (Which happen to be identical in every way to the 2nd gen rear brakes) Anyway the plan was to just drill the Heep rotors again with the new bolt pattern, but some of the wholes are overlapping. His pattern is 6x4.5. So the question is where can we find rotors that haven't had the hat's drilled out for the bolt pattern already? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be misunderstanding what you are looking for,but why couldn't you use rotors for the vehicle being converted or were they not an option. I bet someone makes the rotor you need whith that bolt pattern.Check raybestos.com I use to work for affinia who ownes raybestos always had good luck w/getting stuff for disc brake conversions.

Try some Dodge Dakota/Durango rotors.. They are 6 on 4.5" bolt pattern.

It's a one piece rotor, so those wouldn't works. Thanks for trying though.

Is there any reason you couldn't get a Wilwood disc to go with the hats to make it a two piece rotor? Cost aside, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I know the 2000 and up g.m. 4x4 trucks have a 6 bolt pattern and e-brake inside the hat but not sure of the bolt pattern

Back