Where Is The A/t Modulator???? Help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where Is The A/t Modulator???? Help!!!

tjtriple3

Reaction score
City, State
Southington, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
After reading a previous post about the "mysterious disappearance" of tranny fluid, I came to believe that I was having the same problems. I have a 93 XLT 4x4 with an A/T. So I looked for the Modulator (vacuum piece) as the previous post stated tranny fluid was being burned off due to a faulty unit. Both Chilton's & Haynes manuals state it's under the heat shield on the passenger side of the Tranny. Also, the paper that comes with the new piece has a visual as well...

Well, according to the manuals, there should be a steel vacuum line with a rubber hose connecting to the Modulator. There is no such piece on my tranny. I was under there for 30 min with a light looking, feeling, etc... WHERE IS THE DANG THING!?!? Any help would be appreciated as I see no vacuum lines... Thanks guys.

Never mind... I found about 10 more posts with the same issues. I am actually putting new seats in the front anyways, so I'll just tear out the main console and pull the carpet back...

Back