where to get raduis arm poly bushings? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to get raduis arm poly bushings?

slenser

Reaction score
City, State
Council Bluffs, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited, 01 Navigator
Im looking for the cheapest place any of you would know to buy some poly urethane Radius arm bushings. I have a bad cluck since replacing the shocks. I already ordered a suspension rebuild kit from Performance Suspension Technology, but I don't see any RA bushings there.

I found some at a local parts shop for $45, but thought I would check here first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got mine from Pep Boys (special ordered) for about 22 bucks out the door.

this is what i ordered for my 93 the other day. havent recieved them yet so cant 100% say they are good or not but summit(i hear) is a great place to order...

Bushings

Midwest...No Pep Boys here.

GRainMOnkey, is it $18 per side or for both sides? Does it come with new Washers/Spacers/Cup/whatever they are called?

thats for both sides and im assuming it comes with everything.

slenser said:
Midwest...No Pep Boys here.

GRainMOnkey, is it $18 per side or for both sides? Does it come with new Washers/Spacers/Cup/whatever they are called?

You can get polys at NAPA, Federated (do you have them in Iowa), or AutoZone, or O'Reillys. BUT all polys are not the same. Keep that in mind. Avoid the cheap polys as they will ride poorly.

Don't go cheap on your RAB's, get some Energy Suspension polys or DAystars and you won't be sorry. I ordered my kit directly from Energy Suspension, and it came with the spacers, but not the metal heat shield for the passenger side. You'll need to re-use your existing shield. This will get you started:

http://www.energysuspension.com/
Dead Link Removed

No Federated in IA, but the other 3 didn't have any in-stock. Summit carries Energy Suspension for $17.69 and they are usually free shipping, so I think I will go with them.

Monkey, thanks for pointing me to summit's website. I was looking in my catalog, but it didn't have it.

Thanks all!

Edit:

BTW, for those of you looking at your local parts store, watch out. They all seem to carry an "improved design" version of the RA bushings. They are still rubber, though, with a hard plastic peice that goes on the front bushing. Not sure how that would work out, but they are not poly.

Since when did Summit start adding a $9.50 handling charge? Still cheaper than local shops, but damn!

no problem.. didnt even realize you were in iowa lol... we have a NAPA, Spencer Auto, Arnold's Motor, O'Reileys in storm lake.. but i usually find the best deals online... just my opinion.. lmk what kind of deal you find i may be buying another expo here soon and wouldnt mind seein what all is out there.
Ed

Wow, I'm glad I didn't order anything. Seems I'm getting some from PST. It's just on back order, along with my lower ball joings and axle pivot bushings.

For any of you interested, for $259 shipped, you get:

1 Sway bar bushing set
2 Upper ball joints
2 lower ball joints <B.O.>
1 stabilizer link kit
2 outer tie rod ends
? axle pivot bushings <B.O.>
2 Radius/strut rod bushing <B.O.>

Just so you guys know. You can get the bushings from PST for $20 shipped. PST specializes in Polygraphite bushings, that being Polyurethane impregnated with graphite. Supposedly, you are not going to have to worry about sqeaking that is common with regular Polyurethane.

Their website is www.p-s-t.com

Thanks all!

Sam

Back