Where to mount the amp? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to mount the amp?

Mount on the back of your seat. Thats how mine are mounted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

back of which seat, i have a third row so if i put it on the back of my second people would mess with and and probably suffer electrocution and im designing my bow to take up all the space behind the third row

why not on the back of the sub box where it would be inbetween the back seat and the subs. just leave a little breathing space. thats how i had my 12"s and amp setup in my old rodeo. pics when you get it set up!

f66132b6.jpg

e24d78a4.jpg

Any ideas for a Sport??

Took the panels off, seems like it might be doable-there is some open space (2 door). Back of seat would be easiest to install, but poses big problems when seats are down and loading things in.

Took the panels off, seems like it might be doable-there is some open space (2 door). Back of seat would be easiest to install, but poses big problems when seats are down and loading things in.

Yeah, I'm installing two large amps and the only location is going to be the back of the rear seats on my 2001 Ex.

But I rarely have the rear seats folded down, and if I ever do, I'll just lay some pillows/whatever over the amps if I do so (and I'll turn the radio off.)

It sounds like a pain, but I've yet to fold the rear seats down the entire time I've owned it, so I don't think this will bother me.

but it wouldn't get much air in there especially with the subs on top of it

My amp is under in the storage bin and I could cook an egg on it after 5 mins of having it cranked... its a 1000w d class monoblock....powering 1 8" sub. If you figure out the best way to remedy this, let us know

If I didnt lower the seats down alot or use cargo area to carry things, the back of the seat would be the easiest. I snapped some pics of the open "void" area I am talking about. Not sure it is workable yet.
Kazer, I am sure someone on here can offer suggestions on cooling.

My amp is under in the storage bin and I could cook an egg on it after 5 mins of having it cranked... its a 1000w d class monoblock....powering 1 8" sub. If you figure out the best way to remedy this, let us know

I think im gonna stick them under the the 20 seat and then surround it in plexi with air holes to make sure I dont over heat

Back