Which Alternator would you choose? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Alternator would you choose?

98FordLove

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4.0L OHV
1) AC Delco gold professional, brand new. 2 year warranty. $360CAD with no core charge.

2) Denzo, remanufactured. 1 year warranty, $323CAD after $60 core charge.

Which would you choose? The local store who sells these can't get Denzo brand new. But I read on here that Denzo remanufactured is reliable?

It's disappointing to hear that you only get one year warranty with the Denso reman. But you get two years with the ACDelco gold professional. I was told Denzo is better for alternators?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bosch

That's way too much for a Denso reman. I agree with Donalds, Bosch or of course Motorcraft, or rebuild what you have.

I hear they have the internet in Canada now. ;) There must be some better deals online rather than a local store?

Supposedly Rock Auto will deliver to Canada, or you might find something on Amazon? Here's some example prices:

That's way too much for a Denso reman. I agree with Donalds, Bosch or of course Motorcraft, or rebuild what you have.

I hear they have the internet in Canada now. ;) There must be some better deals online rather than a local store?

Supposedly Rock Auto will deliver to Canada, or you might find something on Amazon? Here's some example prices:

I checked Rock Auto but they only have the Denso for the v8 explorer I believe with the keypad.

No Bosch is excellent

Ok thanks. I'm shocked to be honest. So they're as good as AC Delco and Denso?

$220 CAD on Rock Auto for a new Bosch one is a good deal.

Bosch is German engineering Bosch is oem
Bosch had the best alternators starters and fuel pumps

Been driving VW's for years Bosch makes excellent parts -anything with a motor or generator.

Zee Germans

I’ve had great luck with AC Delco starters and alternators. But Bosch makes awesome stuff

Mine seized Sunday… Bosch 130 amp arriving tomorrow with a Motorcraft belt from Rockauto. The belt I wanted was from a different warehouse, so shipping cost was higher.

Update: installed. Had to replace the belt tensioner. Spun fine but the pulley was in BAD shape. Opted for one from NAPA. Out of stock at the local Ford. Will replace the idler pulley soon…

Back