Which remote starter installation scenario would you choose? 4 to pick from. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which remote starter installation scenario would you choose? 4 to pick from.

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I'm shopping for a remote starter and these are the 4 choices I have to choose from. Which one would you pick?

Scenario 1: Installer uses the Omega RS310EDP w/ the ASTCBM bypass. Range 1400', lifetime warranty. The ASTCBM is an inexpensive generic bypass that uses a hidden key to bypass the security system. The installer has been around for 20 years. Cost: $200

Scenario 2: Installer uses the AUTO START 1455 w/ Trilogic XK04 bypass module. Range 1000', 3yr warranty. The business has been around for a long time. Cost: $260

Scenario 3: Installer uses the Code Alarm 501 w/ OMEGA IM04 bypass module. They solder the connections. Range 1000', 3yr warranty. Business is family owned and been around for 20 years. Cost: $210

Scenario 4: Installer uses the Code Alarm 501 w/ the Omega IM04 bypass module. Range 1000', 3yr warranty. This business just opened. Cost: $160

There is something good and bad in all 4. #1 has a cheap bypass but good warranty. #2 has a good starter and bypass, but it's the most expensive. #3 uses an ok starter and bypass and solders the connections. #4 has the best price but the business just opened.

To me #3 has the least negatives.

What do you think? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

You forgot option # 5. Buy the kit and install it yourself with the help of everyone here.

You're right, doing it myself was my first choice. It sounds like a fun project to tackle, but I just don't have the time or place to do it right now. There are some good installers around here that can get the job done in an hour or so. I know it would take me much longer than that, not to mention researching and buying the kit and bypass. But thanks for the suggestion.

Back