• Register Today It's free!

Which Shocks are Best replacement

Integrity

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bridge NEw Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 xlt
which one of these shocks would be the best to install on my 04 explorer for a better smoother ride
___________________________++_________________________________
Monroe Reflex®

Monro-Matic Plus®

Gas Magnum® Truck

Monroe® Sensa-Trac®

Max Air® Shock Absorbers
___________________________++__________________________________

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You likely won't get a shock reoplacement question answered in the emergency forum. New shocks are no kind of emergency.

sensatrac for street driving

jimabena74 Do you currently use or have used these shocks how has your experience been with them? are they reliable? I am desperatly trying to improove the ride quality on this suv cause right now it sucks and i cannot believe that ford claims this is a smoother ride my a** it is

Shocks won't make it ride all that much better. The shocks just dampen things. The truck rides on the T-bars. Explorers just don't have the ride quality of most other trucks.

I have the same issue, I bet the Merc/Lincoln would have the best shocks, wonder if the part no different the the X.
Monroe Sensa-Trac Had them on another 4x4, Improved the ride greatly.

We just got pro-comp 9000 shocks for the front of our X. They really help tightin up the front end so it doesnt bounce as much now as what it did with the factory shocks. We are very happy with them, specially since they were like $42 w/boots. Yes boots do not come with them but the nice thing is you can get the color ya want.

Answer, None of the above. I would go with KYB, Edelbrocks, or Bilsteins. I've seen Bilstien go for as low as $50 each on e-bay...

I am interested to see which ones you get. Let us know along with your results. I have an 03 and looking to get some replacements soon.

Back