which wax? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which wax?

I have 2 types of wax I can use. I used to own an 06 silver sonata and all I used was meguairs gold class on it. Now that I have my new (97 xlt) I want to use another one, possibly.

I have Meguairs Gold Class liquid wax or KIT Carnuaba wax. I have never actually used the KIT before, I only took the pad out of it to use the gold class.

Im no expert on waxing as I only have actually waxed my old car a few times. Im just looking for the best shine with good protection. Any thoughts on this would be helpful!

If those are your choices, use the Meguiars. The KIT product is a cheaper Carnauba wax, and will need to be reapplied a lot more often, and the polymers in the Megs products are far superior. I would do some investigation on some other Megs products depending on the finish you're starting with, and GC may not even be the best choice for a final wax for your application...

Don't go cheap on the wax. Meguiar's makes great products imo. I use meguiars gold class once a year, and for all the times in between the yearly coats of meguiars I use turtle wax ice synthetic liquid wax(I love that ****). Cant go wrong with meguiars though imo. :D

If you want the protection and shine of Meguiars without the hassle of a carnube, try their M21 sealent. Goes on VERY easy and bead/sheets/protects for 4+ months.

Back