whining after deep water?? what broke after your encounter?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whining after deep water?? what broke after your encounter??

patrick112390

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' mountaineer 5.0 4406
i went wheelin a few days ago and after something started whining in my engine bay, im thinking i got mud and water all in my alternator and screwed up a bearing somehow-HOWEVER she still charges at 14v

what have you all had go bad after encountering deep muddy water?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

water in the power steering,,??

it could be-but then it would change pitch bad when you turn the wheel.. this doesnt-constant whine that changes with rpm

update: a while back i used a mechanics stethascope and found it was the back bearing in my alternator..... she stil charges at 14V so im gonna let er' ride :thumbsup: :D

Same thing happened to me! Rear bearing, put up with it until it started sounding like a supercharger, had to get it fixed then lol.

Same thing happened to me! Rear bearing, put up with it until it started sounding like a supercharger, had to get it fixed then lol.

lol well at idle thats what it sounds like ... SUPERCHARGED 5 OH????!?? haha :D but off idle you cant hear ****-open headers!! :burnout: actually got a thumbs up from a cop that pulled me a little while back.... he said if it was a honda he may have had to do something about it ;) haha

HAHA!! lucky.

I had a very similar problem -- Right after I went through.. well.. essentially a pond.

turned out to be 2 idler pulleys

Back