who runs lpg then?? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

who runs lpg then??

iv removed the lpg single point from mine, couldnt stand using it, had it serviced, back fire issues continued, just got the tank and line to remove, there was no backfire releave valve on mine, what they did instead was grinde out the lips on throttle body and maf so when it did explode it would come apart easly and you see the vapour gush out under the wing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm surprised by the raft of bad news with LPG. I bought my truck in the middle of last year with a Bigas kit already fitted. It wasn't brilliant having a bit of hesitation and the odd (but predictable) misfire but no backfires.

In spite of all this I was getting 18mpg to work and 22 on the motorway. Anyway, I put new plugs in (NGK Platinum), ****ed up the gaps and lost 2mpg. I also found two loose plugs and fixed some of the misfire.

The real transformation came when I got a gas service done in Heanor - amazing! It wasn't expensive at around £80-90, done in a Saturday morning and he also fitted my silicone leads as I really couldn't face it after the plug job!

This place is the biz! It drives like a dream now - no misfire, no hesitation, just lovely AND we've got 2mpg back. I now need the plugs out to see if it can get better.

By the way, I'm paying 49.9p/litre at Asda. I just love filling up a bloody great Explorer for £28.00 next to somebody crying over the £52.00 their Vauxhord Astrocus just drank!!!

LPG Is a great fuel up in the Highlands But the pumps are a pain in the arse when they are cold it takes 10 mins for the gas to come throughto the pump.
I purchased my Explorer 7 months ago for £450 converted from a dick who didn't understand that water in the petrol will stop it starting.
Does anyone know how to reset the air suspension as I had a MOT yesterday, the switch was off on the suspension but today the suspension is full up and I can see the rubber bellows in the shockers. The ride is harder than a leaf sprung landy. Yes it's switched back on. Could the minus tempratures be affecting it.

Do we get cheaper road tax for a gassed up explorer????

When thet MOT'd it, did they lift it on the rear axle or did they lift it on the body and let the axle hang?

Do we get cheaper road tax for a gassed up explorer????

No, we get cheaper tax because we drive old motors!

Take a look at the Jeep Nitro - £425.00!!! Just make you enjoy your Explorer even more!

When thet MOT'd it, did they lift it on the rear axle or did they lift it on the body and let the axle hang?

Hi Kevin, they lifted the chassis about 2 inch from the front of the rear spring mount. The axle was hanging. I was thinking of disconnecting the shockers air supply so they would maybe go down.

i have platinums in my explorer, as its standard kit for petrol fuelled vehicle. but i have it on good autghority that LPG errodes the platinum tips and they are best run on copper plugs when LPG is fitted.

mick.

i dont think lifting the explorer by its body is a good idea, the carriage weghs more then the body, i would refuse to have that done to mine

i dont think lifting the explorer by its body is a good idea, the carriage weghs more then the body, i would refuse to have that done to mine

I think I didn't explain it properly. He lifted it on the chassis rail in front of the rear front hangers, not the body.

Hey JonC
If you decide to get some copper core plugs, i've seen this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-SPARK-PLUG-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce9ebbe5c

For those of you after NGK platinums i found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-EXPLORER...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33587b9885

Fortunately for me they are in my home town so i went in and picked up to save the postage, so set of NGK platinums for £20

Now all i need to do is get the engine back in and hope it doesn't piss oil everywhere again.
Regards

not much to do with original thread but did you get suspension sorted?

Back