whos got systems in there x? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whos got systems in there x?

whos got systems in there x?

• totally stock

Votes: 45 15.4%
  • upgraded speakers (including factory sub)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • upgraded cd player (speakers too)

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • above+2 or less subs

Votes: 107 36.6%
  • above+2 or more subs

Votes: 97 33.2%

• Total voters
Ok...

Xtant - A4004 - 4 Channel (Rear Doors & Subwoofer)
Xtant - A2002 - 2 Channel (Front Doors)
Boston Component Full Range (Front Doors)
Kicker Component Mid-High Range (Back Doors)
ThunderForm MTX (in the back)

Kickers Components are going to the front doors and 6x9s are going into the back doors I might put the Bostons in the back doors also...haven't decided.

Receiver/CD Playeris a 4 Channel JVC.

All in all it sounds great, but the Bass was better when I had the 10" Kicker in the box...the ThunderForm is a great space saver and actually doesn't sound bad.

It's sad, but the 10" Kicker is now a temporary bookshelf. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by cdsl227
It's sad, but the 10" Kicker is now a temporary bookshelf. :D

Hell, mail it to me! I can send you a replacement temporary bookshelf :D

Originally posted by diablo5969
Hell, mail it to me! I can send you a replacement temporary bookshelf :D

I was kinda thinkin if I blew the MTX I'd butcher the enclosure to SQUEEEEEEZE the kicker in! :D :D

I haven't decided what to do with it, there's nobody nearby deserving of it! Hell I only ran it in there for about 2 months...the box in the middle of the floor was killing me on space.

I figure I'd give it till summer time and decide if I'm going to use it...

It's the one with the dual coil you have to drive it with two (2) inputs. :) It sounds gooooood!

TVs, door speakers, subs, amps,....ive got all of it and to me, at least, its all part of a package....looks, power,entertainment, and reliability....good luck with all the x projects....

rockford 400 watt amp. rockford HE sub in a qlogic box, pioneer speakers (cheapest best buy has to offer!) in all of my doors, JVC head unit.

I have a JVC KD-SX990 stereo that plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and MP3 formats, with 7 equalizer settings, 6 preset and one custom, it also has a removable face. The speakers are stock, but I'm planning to eventually upgrade those and install speakers in the back.

The stereo was a gift from my brother when he bought my Explorer for me since the previous owner had removed the stereo they had bought for it and installed in their new car. The price, including a 2-year additional warranty from Circuit City was $300.00. It's not as expensive as some systems but it works for me.

I personally never saw the reason for spending thousands of dollars on a stereo for a vehicle. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a stereo system, it's going in my house

But....to each his own :)

I vote all stock. I don't see a need to upgrade my factory JBL stereo. It still has that deep bass with the woofer in the back. It's loud enough and clear enough. I'm not one to wake the neighbors up or impose my type of music on everyone within 2 blocks of me while driving.

Video

I have Sony Video in my X w/ a PS2 and XM radio

Ive got :
2 Alpine Type S subs
RF 300s Amp
Pioneer 6x8 3 ways in all the doors
Sony HU

i don't think i've posted here

i have-

pioneer premier 650 hu
clarion 715 dvd source unit
eclipse 21000 8 band eq
audiocontrol epic 150 eq
mtx electronic crossover
ps2
11" sharp lcd screen
abc 6003q audiobahn 3-way components in custom kick panels and the door
audiobahn 6 by 9s in the rear doors
mtx 6000 8" subwoofer
rockford fosgate he2 15" subs times 2
800a2 rf amp
500a2 rf amp (for components)
150s rf amp for rear doors and sub

i am soon to upgrade to 5.1 surround with a 4" in the dash for center channel and to add another 800a2 and use mtx 9500 15" subs in a new box.

See Sig

I rewired all of mine about 2 weeks ago. I used a 1000W amp kit and it now sounds SO much better. The base is hitting so hard and the tweets sound so crisp. It's amazing the difference in the sound.

Sony CD player, Upgraded 3 way 5x7 speakers all around. MTX Pro Form 10" sub with 75 watt amp. It is a bit underpowered for the moment but I'm gonna throw more juice to it after I put some bed liner on the rocker panels, then I'll throw what's left over on the rear hatch and surrounding areas. It will deffinatly rattle if I throw more power to it. I tried it and it was unwelcoming! I need to get a good 5 channel amp to run the 5x7's and aroung 120 -150 watts for the sub. Of course all crossed over at the proper frequencies for the best sound.

pioneer premier headunit
pioneer 6X8s in the back seat
500 watt JL audio amp
10" W7 JL audio sub

soon to be upgrading the front door speakers

Kelli

I could not vote on this. I have an 04 Eddie Bauer. It has the satellite ready head unit. I just installed the SIRIUS Satellite receiver.

im getting one next month

I have installed a Pioneer HU,put replacement 6x8's all around, and a 10"sub in a Q-Logic stealth box. I was in bands in college, and have an extensive music collection of vinyl,cassettes, and cd's. I must have lost all the eight tracks. LOL I have invested in a good home audio system, and enjoy my sounds. Music is a HOBBY. My 16 year old has a system in his ride, and plays guitar in a band. My 19 year old college student son has a system in his ride also. Both collect and listen to music. It has become as important to them in their lives, as it has been to me in mine. It is'nt necessary to spend thousands to acheive good sound quality. Yes I have bills, but rather have turned my kids on to this sort of pastime, than having them do drugs, and swill beer all day. Oh, and by the way, I am 53 years old !!!!!!!!!
"For those about to ROCK, we salute you"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

see sig...

and expo5.0... i envy your 5.1 ambitions...

i wanna see how that 4 in the dash works out =)

Back