Who's Here From Florida? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's Here From Florida?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, I'd recommend using the facebook page if you don't see these notifications often. I tend to reply on there much faster. Just a thought so that you all don't miss out on meets... even though we haven't had one yet :( But like Jstcruz said we're hoping to meet on the 16th!

West Palm checking in....

There don't seem to be a lot of us way down South here, but I am sure we can use quality to overcome quantity. Someone mentioned Ft. Lauderdale trails, I have a stock 4WD 02 EX so I can't do any "muddin'" but would love to try it out somewhere. All the off road places from the 70's and 80's in eastern Palm Beach County have been built up or closed off. Any ideas on good places in South Florida would be welcome. Keep the rubber side down! (Unless you're into rollovers)

Port St. Lucie

DUDE!!!! I am in Jensen Beach!

And wow, I've been away from the forums for a while...can't believe how this thread took off. I'm getting ready to move back to Tallahassee at the end of the month but I'd love to try and get something going after the move!

Fort Myers/Cape Coral checking in!

Anyone know whos this is? I see it in Orlando just about every time Im there. Ill have to stop in sometime and ask about it! Looks pretty sweet I think.

Picture0216131030_1_zps520dc9f5.jpg

Anyone know whos this is? I see it in Orlando just about every time Im there. Ill have to stop in sometime and ask about it! Looks pretty sweet I think.

Picture0216131030_1_zps520dc9f5.jpg

That's a sweet looking X. Is that a matte black or is it just the picture quality?

Its matte

I saw that ex parked on ucf campus the other night and I was wondering if he was on the forum but haven't figured it out

I'm in Orlando and I'm up for meeting you guys:chug:. It'll have to be somewhere I can ride my Harley to for a while. The Ex is in Project stage right now. I have to rebuild the tranny.

Look forward to meeting you guys sometime.

I'm in Orlando and I'm up for meeting you guys:chug:. It'll have to be somewhere I can ride my Harley to for a while. The Ex is in Project stage right now. I have to rebuild the tranny.

Look forward to meeting you guys sometime.

I'll have to be at the meet up you go to for sure. $20 says my Ex is louder than your Harley :D

I'll have to be at the meet up you go to for sure. $20 says my Ex is louder than your Harley :D

Holy crap are you seriouse? :popcorn: I wanna see your Ex!!! lol. And the Hog :D

Holy crap are you seriouse? :popcorn: I wanna see your Ex!!! lol. And the Hog :D

Haha yeah I'm serious. I'll put a video on the Facebook page later.

My hog has stock pipes. I don't like the cops to hear me coming before they see me.:shifty_ey: And I don't like pissing off my neighbors when I come home at 2 in the morning.

Cape Canaveral

I have a small condo in Cape Canaveral , looking forward to doing a road trip from Toronto in the new Ex, I got white because a black Ex after a round of golf is not cool. Best restaurants ever in the port !!! My wife went to school at Flagler !

Cool, so you like the Sport model? you plan on doing anything to it or have you already modded it some, or leaving it alone not that there's anything wrong with it stock.

Driving to Fla

I have only test driven it once , mine arrives in 7 days. i was sold on it then and there. Warranty issues prevent me from chipping the engine, but the ecoboost videos on youtube are quite convincing , the question is, would the tranny deal with the extra grunt. I think ford has done a good job modding it.
My previous car was a 2004 impreza STI
and i need an SUV so with never having owned a ford ,the sport is a good fit ,
i think they deserve my business . As i write this, the snow is blowing outside
and can't wait to pick up my ride and drive south and enjoy florida hospitality
cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eh cam, you will have to keep us posted on when you come down. I know I'm up for a ride to the coast and I'm sure a couple others who live near would drive out that way too.

Back