whose got cargo liners?

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
im looking at this one cargo liner in particular from performance products. its the one that costs like $120 and covers every square inch of the cargo area. its covers the walls, the back of the seats, and everything. im wondering if anyone else has this one, or something like it - how is it? and im wondering how the cargo liner attaches to the backs and tops of the rear seats, like in the pics in the catalog?

i dont really need something thats heavier duty with a lip or anything on it; i dont carry that kind of stuff in my truck, but i just want something that will keep my rug, the sides of my truck, and the backs of my seats covered/protected. i do a lot of trips to stay with people on the weekends, so like, clothes, boxes, and crap like that. i keep 600 pages of plans in my trunk (for the project im currently working on for work), hardhat, stuff like that, raincoat, field testing equipment for testing materials and construction methods on the jobsite, etc.

does anyone have anything similar to this that theyre happy with?

oh, note: for reference, its on page #7 of the catalog.

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

total cost: $20 and about 6 hours labor. Converts into a queen sized bed.
box1.jpg

box2.jpg

I have a rubbermaid cargo liner in the back of my X that works wonders. It's got a 2" lip around the edge and cost about 65-75. Summit also has a bunch of different ones from NPI. Check out this Link

i have one sililar to Jeff's. It works great at containing salt water from the scuba goodies that I carry.

I think it cost about $80 and it is color matched to the trucks interior. I got it at Pep Boys.

I have the one you buy from Ford, its crap.

The Performance Products one is very nice though, I've seen it in person. Its one of those things that I've always meant to buy but never got around to it. It connects with velcro. Go for it.

Here's a partial pix of the liner in mine. I put a piece of carpet inside of it to keep the stuff from sliding around as much.
trkoutlet.jpg

.... and now one of mine.

Attachments

• rearmat.jpg
    rearmat.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 140

Originally posted by Stephen

The Performance Products one is very nice though, I've seen it in person. Its one of those things that I've always meant to buy but never got around to it. It connects with velcro. Go for it.

im hoping its nice. i really wanna go with that one cuz i put my seats down a lot, and the one with the lip, when i have my seats down, will have a lip sticking up in the air in mid-trunk, and im too lazy to rearrange stuff ;) i think after i get my accident taken care of, and pay off my $200 dentist bill (2 cavities, cleaning, and 2 old fillings need to be replaced - when it rains, it pours), im gonna go for it and see how it works out.

Back