will 33's fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

will 33's fit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some of us fit 33s with 4" lifts, others can barely fit them with 6"s. But 3"s, I've not heard of that one yet. You would have to seriously cut the fenders.

i have a 93 explorer sport, with a 3 inch body lift and
33 x 12.50 tsl's and they fit good. i had to cut a little bit from the finders, but not too much. if you dont mind cutting a little bit off the side, then i would go for them. hope this helps.

asit is an xlt... cutting has to be minimal becuase of the extra doors...... the sports dont have that problem.....

Well I have the 3in. Body Lift , F150 spacers and the warrior shackles with about 4.5 inches of lift. I run 33's but I had to trim a bit off the fenders and take off the trim to fit them in without rubbing.

This may be a silly question but.......when you say cutting do you mean you are actually cutting the body? or just the plastic insert in the wheel well?
rottlover, you could maybe just get 32's instead of 33's.

In my case I had to cut both the plastic and the body.

how much did you have to trim? not to much room to cut with th 4 doors. also where did you get the shackles and the f-150 coil spacers? if there are any other suggestions i would be very grateful

I had to trim a little in order to drive around town, but in order to go wheelin, with the 33s completly tucking, i had to cut off lots of fender in order for the tires not to touch.
Every explorer, even the same year and model, are different. The manufacturing tolerances at ford are lax. find a good shop that will test fit them for you before paying.

There's a fella on this board with a '93 (?) four-door Explorer with a 3" body lift and 33's. He had to cut a lot though. As previously mentioned, some guys have needed 6" of lift just to barely clear 33's; others have done it under as little as 4". It seems that the vehicles are pretty random as far as what will fit. Good luck though.

Back