• Register Today It's free!

Will a C6-NP205 fit?

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
Well does anyone know if i can wedge a C6 NP205 mated into my explorer?
Can get a good deal on one please lemme know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, if you had a v8 in there, it shouldnt be a problem.....

unless you can find someone to custom design and fabricate an adapter for you.... keep in mind, computer settings would need to be modified to deal without certain inputs or outputs and also that custom mounting crossmembers would also need to be custom fabricated as well as driveshafts.....

If it is behind a V8 it can fit, but you may be doing some interesting floorpan modifications to do it. It will also mean a custom tranny crossmember and new driveshafts.

Why would you want an NP205 though? Yes, it is very strong, but it only has a 1.98:1 low range. That SUCKS!

Why would you want an NP205 though? Yes, it is very strong, but it only has a 1.98:1 low range. That SUCKS!
alot of what we do up here is mud running..... strong is good.... bullet proof is better.
Talked with a ford mechanic he said its the same size as a AOD and the 205 will fit between the frame rail's on my explorer.
custom tranny crossmember and new driveshafts.
No problem i have a 3" body lift and am going to a D44-9" combo..... moding a shaft or two and crossmember is the least of my concern :eek:
was just gonna do the SFA but the old girl is ticking and the tranny is busted again, i wanna have something to beat on that is reliable.... best part is i will be useing all Ford part's :D

Can't beat an KluneV between a C6 and an NO 205

Can't beat an KluneV between a C6 and an NO 205
Ouch my poor wallet.
Mind you that maybe an option if i cant find a long extension housing for between the C6 and 205 (there is a long and short version) I will need all the length i can get for driveshaft angle reasons.
It's about 36" from bellhousing to front output yoke center, i will do some measureing next week when i take delivery and post some #'s if anyone is interested.
From what i remember the 205 was sitting next to a D20 and was almost twice the size :eek: and the C6 was..... ummmm... is.... errrrrr hehehehe BIG!!! :D :D

Back