Not open for further replies.

greenmtnboy

Reaction score
City, State
North Clarendon, Vt
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford F250
BDS Will...

I am wondering is a BDS suspension system work for the front of my '96 X? The reason I'm asking is their 4"and 6" lifts a reasonably priced and I want to do a SOA to my rear end. I want to know if anyone with a 2nd gen X is running this kind of suspension lift. Or am I stuck using SuperLift's 4" for my suspension lift! Later - Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Big Dick Suspension.

And No. Stick with the Superlift or Trailmaster.

Exactly what you think it is. :D It's a suspension company that makes IFS kits for fullsize trucks mostly. Not very well known, but there's a few guys running around town with them.

BDS is very well know among imports, and desert guys.

I hardly ever see them mentioned anywhere. An ad every so often in ORA or on a website, and not much talk about them on forums.

But nissanboy is hardcore and knows everything.

True. I bow to him.

I was just wondering since they have Ranger kits that incorporate the Rangers that have torsion bars. So I feel that the question wasn't completely unfounded.

They don't make anything that will fir your truck. Go here:

http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspensionsystems.html

The only thing they make that would work is an 83-97 Ranger system that would only fit first gen (91-94) Explorers. Nothing for the SLA IFS 2nd gen Explorer.

I just got a reply from the suspension tech manager from BDS, and He said that their lifts will work with the 2nd gen X, but they will not cover it with their warrantee. I don't know about you guys, but even with not having the warrantee I am seriously going to think about it! For the price of the lift and other parts to do the SOA it will cost lest than the Trailmaster or Superlift kits by about half or more, that is including work to be done by the autoshop. So before anyone makes uninformed comments they SHOULD check their facts first!!! :fire: Later - Nate

THIS IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM BDS!Nathan:
This kits front half would work on your Explorer But, with installing it on
your Explorer it would not have any Warranty.. If a kit is miss installed
or for something that we do not list in are catalog the warranty is void.
Just to let you know TrailMaster offers a kit for this application with the
same design as are kit and also has a rear spring pack.
Thanks
David
BDS Tech

this what Liquid OffRoad quoted me in an e-mail
Nate,

Thanks for contacting us. BDS offers both a 4" and 6" lift. The prices are listed below. Let me know if you find a better price anywhere. Both prices include shipping.
4" $775
6" $825
Robert
Liquid OffRoad

Now this probably will be cheaper, if you can order just the front part of the kit. It will be worth checking into!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back