Will Rims and tires fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will Rims and tires fit?

I have a 2000 explorer spt. I have a buddy of mine that knows where I can pick up a set of new 15X8 Jeep rims with 30X10.5 super swampers real cheep. I know have (30") 255/70R16 on my truck now. I would like to know if I could use 15X8 Jeep rims with 30X10.5 tires without spacers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should fit, go see if you can try them on. If they fit buy them.

Dan

I have stock 2006 Jeep Rubicon wheels and tires (unsure of size) on mine. I did end up using a sawzall out on the trail to cut out where the tires where rubbing in the rear. Also they rub a little in the front if I turn all the way.

IMG_0143.png

IMG_0143%20-%20Copy.png

The tires are not mounted on the rims yet. I know the bolt patern is the same and the rims clear my calipers. The stock 2006 Jeep Rubicon tires are 245/75R16 which makes them 30.5X9.5. A 10.5'' tire would be really rub. Does anyone know where online I could get 4 15X8 black steel rims for my truck with a half to one inch more of a negitive offset then stock?

Check out summit racing, decent prices and I've always had good service with them, though I do have to return a set of bulbs to them. Dead Link Removed

Dan

Back