Window Help (WITH PICS AND VIDEO)

Kazer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sneads Ferry, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Excursion PSD
This part on my window cable broke last year and i never bothered to fix it. The regulator works fine, its just thise piece that is broken and lets the arm on the regulator slip off the cable. What part do i need to replace this one?

thank you

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

th_DSCN0132.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure you need the whole regulator..

so the steel cable that the black piece is attached to runs through the regulator and is one assembly?

Yes, I believe its all one unit.

The window on my drivers side door wouldn't go up (during a snow storm of course). The dealer replaced the regulator assembly for about $150- no sweat.

Yes, I believe its all one unit.

The window on my drivers side door wouldn't go up (during a snow storm of course). The dealer replaced the regulator assembly for about $150- no sweat.

X2 its one big assembly

Steve, I don't know if you already have this bookmarked, but here is the thread for replacing the regulator: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243401

On a side note, I know that the regulator and the motor can be purchased separately. I replaced just the motor on my driver's window. You should be able to use your motor on a new regulator. Since you have to take the whole assembly out to replace the regulator, you can install the motor on the new regulator before you put in back into the door.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm currently having the same problem after I already fixed it once. And of course the place I bought my part from went out of business so now I just ordered a whole new assembly on ebay. It's a pretty easy switch to do. It should take you like 45 mins for everything or maybe an hour if you have any trouble. It's pretty straight forward though. Just remove the old one and put the new one in.

Back