Windows down with the remote? (Global Open) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windows down with the remote? (Global Open)

While I realize the owner's manual sometimes has mistakes, it states the setting for global open is in the cluster....vehicle settings-->windows-->remote open (then you select on or off)
You are correct Jason. That is what mine shows. For some reason having 'Remote' checked didn't register yesterday as being tied to Global Open.:banghead:Another 'senior's' moment.;)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It has happened 2 times, and about a week or so apart. Apparently both occasions, in the afternoon, somewhere between me leaving for work in my own car, and my wife leaving for an errand in the explorer. What made the first occasion more troubling is that we had taken it in to the dealership so they could tint the windows, and they put green stickers over the window controls to remind us not to use them for 3-5 days, and the first event was on day 3. We never touched the car controls for the window.
Not sure what the tinting process would have done to possible cause it. No that Jason has corrected me on not being able to turn the feature OFF. Try de-selecting 'Remote' in the settings and see what happens. If it isn't selected to start with we are still back at square one. In either case I feel there is still an unresolved issue.

Peter

Door unlock, then door unlock held for a few seconds opened the front 2 windows.

Any idea what will shut the windows?

Door unlock, then door unlock held for a few seconds opened the front 2 windows.

Any idea what will shut the windows?
The window switches on the doors. It's Global Open.

Peter

With all the computer "can" control on our most modern vehicles, I do not understand why we don't have more options on our X's

For my 2003 Corvette, Elite Engineering USA sells a small plug that is installed in the OBD port, does nothing as far a "programming" rather it "allows" functions that are otherwise hidden......all for less that $150. Remote windows (up, down and in between), high speed record, last drive info and even a "defeat" of the speedometer that appears to be stuck on 42mph (ticket evasion) at the push of a button.

Point? Why don't we have all this and more 17 years later? It's bound to be in the computer coding but we can't wake it up !!!!!

Brining back an old thread, but I heard mention of running a pin from the bcm that would enable it in the 2011-2016? Did anyone locate this ? Or could we simply plug in 2017 window motors and forscan enable it?

Now that I have a 2017 Platinum I have tried the global down feature twice and the moonroof did not open (vent) in either case.

Peter
Forgive me for posting on an old thread but I’m not finding anything regarding what I’m seeing in my 2017 Platinum but I also don’t what to open a new thread since this is close.

Anyway maybe you know.

I found the open for Remote Windows in my Vehicle Settings. It’s on, and Unlock to roll down works but Lock to roll up doesn’t.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong??? LoL I’m familiar with the function from my wife’s 2016 Fusion. It’s just not working the same in my Platinum.

Might be a FORScan mod.

Forgive me for posting on an old thread but I’m not finding anything regarding what I’m seeing in my 2017 Platinum but I also don’t what to open a new thread since this is close.

Anyway maybe you know.

I found the open for Remote Windows in my Vehicle Settings. It’s on, and Unlock to roll down works but Lock to roll up doesn’t.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong??? LoL I’m familiar with the function from my wife’s 2016 Fusion. It’s just not working the same in my Platinum.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As per the Owner's Manual, your vehicle has Global Open. It does not have Global Open and Close. It may be configurable with FORScan but that doesn't mean it will work.:)

Peter

I was able to get remote close working in my 2017 Limited via FORScan.. i am able to hold the lock button and the 2 front windows will close and in FORScan you can have the toggle option appear in the settings menu along with Remote Open

So is it opposite for close, lock then hold lock? Once enabled in forscan

Correct. You just have to press and hold (single press to avoid the horn) the lock button and the windows will close

Ok, nice. I'll have to give that a try on my 19. Love the front down with the fob, just wish up came enabled.

Back