• Register Today It's free!

Windshield wiper recommendations

EdmondsXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonds, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT 4.0 AWD
What sort of windshield wipers is everyone using? I'm having trouble finding good ones that actually wipe the water away. I had some Bosch fancy blade ones that left a sort of bell-shaped curve unwiped on the far left of the windshield, right in my view. Then tried a hybrid blade style that was even worse - only an inch or two on the outer edges wiped, leaving the middle completely untouched. Now I'm using the traditional old-school style blade that works ok but is still pretty streaky. It really shouldn't be this hard to find decent wiper blades.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure it’s not the wiper arms. I use the single beam wipers (like your fancy Bosch) on the front of my ‘02 with zero issues, they’ve been on since October with zero streaks or missed spots.

I had a similar problem with the rear wiper on my wife’s Caravan, never could find a wiper that would stay on the glass. Changed the arm on the advise of a friend and the problem went away.

I have used anywhere from the cheap walmart ones to expensive wiper blades with mixed results but with a little manipulating can usually get them to work. It sounds like the wiper arm is slightly bent or misaligned. Try "tuning" or slightly bending the arm to get better coverage or you could replace the arm.

I still have the OEM Motorcraft ones on and they work like a charm.

I have used a lot of different wipers. For all of my cars the past couple years.. I have been using Michelin /Good Year, and have had amazing results.. Costco just put the Michelin ones on sale this month to $5.99ea.. always a good time to stock up on the sale :)

Back