Wiper Blades | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiper Blades

Name = Cost

It looks the people here that pay for average blades do the best. There's no way to make the Bosch wipers last any longer than the others. Inexpensive seems to be the best route for everyone here so far; The Bosch warranty is pretty average, no guarantees made. But most offroaders would know which is the toughest brand considering what they do. (If it's Bosch, well :D

Noisy blades need to be replaced, they are dried out; if they are new and noisy, you can only change brands.

Cheap blades (like mine) should probably be avoided unless you live in areas where you won't use them much - (I keep the good ones sealed in the back of the vehicle, old, but, eh)

Bigapple, they got you with the name, so they should work. If you call Bosch and let them know how their product didn't work as expected, they might get you a free pair, no promise, some big name companies are just cool like that :cool: I know that doesn't help much...

I once saw something interesting in a mail order catalog. It was a washer fluid heater which gets its heat from the engine's coolant. The idea behind it is that warm washer fluid helps loosen dirt (or bird droppings) which are stuck on the windshield. I don't know if this would be good in the winter time with a frozen windshield. The sudden blast of warm fluid might crack it.

funny u bring that up... the buick lucerne i had rented when my X got hit had heated washer fluid... it got rid of all the condensation and fogging in one pass... so convenient... i would pay money for a heated fluid system

Thanx for the help Donner... ill be getting some cheepo depots next time

wally world has those heated washer doo dads all the time. just a pipe u cut in to your heater hose the pipe has smaller coil that runs over it like a spring with washer fluid when ever you spray you get hot ww fluid out works good summer or winter ive used them for yrs on many different veh :)

wally world has those heated washer doo dads all the time. just a pipe u cut in to your heater hose the pipe has smaller coil that runs over it like a spring with washer fluid when ever you spray you get hot ww fluid out works good summer or winter ive used them for yrs on many different veh :)

sounds pretty nice... ill check it out sometime

Back