Wiring compatability

01EB5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Allendale, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer V-8 AWD
Does anyone out there know if the wiring from my 1995 "Premium" head unit would work if I was to upgrade to a 1995 JBL head unit and how hard would it be to add a 6 disc changer? If I wanted to upgrade to the JBL would I need to replace the amp and speakers too or would it work? Thanks

------------------
TravisN1@AOL.COM
1995 XLT 4x4

95XLT,

I have a 1997 Explorer Sport, the radio that was in the truck when I got it was Stock, with Controls on it for a CD changer. But I did not have a CD Changer in the truck. I call Ford, and told them what I had, and they got me the 6-disc Changer, Wiring Harness, and a New Molded Plastic Insert for my Center Console, so that it could be mounted in the Console. The parts cost me about $450, I did the install myself, its Very Easy! If you want to mount the Unit anywhere else then the Console, you don't need to buy the Molded Plastic insert and the Wiring Harness is long enough to reach anywhere in the truck. Even know I have a 97 Sport, The sold me a Newer CD changer(I believe a "99" model). If you go this route, make sure they get you the correct Plastic Insert. at First they sent me the one that was for a "97" CD-changer.

I would think that the wiring harness in there truck is the same, so that on the assembly line, all they have to do is get the right radio and plug it in, instead of having a different harness for different Radio's.

If there is anything else that i can help you on, just let me know!

[Edited by CBoug76 on 10-12-2000 at 06:25 AM]

Back