won't start, tried everything please help, going to tweak out. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

won't start, tried everything please help, going to tweak out.

Hahah you posted that as I was typing the same thing.this drove me crazy for days.I tried grounding to the frame thinking it would ground the motor but didn't work.not till my dad check ground ohms and the motor was not grounding out.the funny part it was the paint and clear coat from painting my motor that had to be ground off!!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

kind of an odd question i sapose, but, can i clean the ground on the block with out disconnecting the positive cable on the battery. as in, can i wire brush it with out grounding it out through the wire brush? lol

Got to pull the wire off to clean the block but yea as long as your not trying to start it wile doing it

the truck is fixed, it must have been the solenoid. which was only $11 at napa by the way. had to kick the gas for it to turn over all the way, probly because it's been sitting for a while. ....my tires were stuck on the pavement too, which was kind of odd. i didn't feel any flat spots though.

That's good and odd normally they don't click or make noise when they are bad

Hahah you posted that as I was typing the same thing.this drove me crazy for days.I tried grounding to the frame thinking it would ground the motor but didn't work.not till my dad check ground ohms and the motor was not grounding out.the funny part it was the paint and clear coat from painting my motor that had to be ground off!!:)
I think I’m having this issue. Brand new motorcraft starter and relay.
Starts right up with relay is jumped, but only clicks once with the key

Back