• Register Today It's free!

won't start

chad_godbout

Reaction score
City, State
lincoln park michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer
i have a 1994 explorer and the problme has been going on for a month or so and it has finially got worse, when the key is on the fuel pump will turn on like it sould but willnever turn off inturn the truck will not start i have gret pressure at heads i have spark and the truck will crank but it will not start please if anyone has any info anything can help tried to scan it and the computer gave no codes what can it be

It is a long shot but It may be your emergency fuel cut off switch, that happened to me once, does it have gas? :D Good luck

get well soon Explorer

I have a similar problem with my 1991. Mine will crank as long as I want it to, but won't start. It will actually start if I disconnect the throttle position sensor. I have to reconnect it after the vehicle is started.

One solution to this sort of problem that I've been reading about lately is to replace the fuel pump and ecc relays in the fuse box and/or clean all the fuse and relay contacts in the fuse box. Apparently corrosion occasionally mucks up the connections in there, and heat/time eventually break down the two relays, causing them to make poor connections.

I don't know if this info will help either of our problems, but I'm going to try just replacing those two relays (I hear they are only ~5 bucks apiece) tonight, and see if it helps. I've tried literally everything else. I have strong spark, good fuel pressure, brand new plugs and wires, etc.

In addition to having pressure at the fuel rail (What was the pressure, BTW?), the fuel injectors have to be firing.

Back