Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Finally got a system in my 2001 Sport. Here are the specs:

HU : JVC KD-SH99
Front/Rear Speakers : Alpine SPX-137As
Sub : JL Audio 12in. W3
Sub Amp: JL Audio 250/1
Speaker Amp : JL Audio 300/4

So what do you think of my setup. I think it rocks. That JL is pretty sweet.

Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have w'3 too I love them:D You got a pricey little setup there,bet it sounds good though:D

Sweeeet setup. Glad we got another JL man....

Sweet, I like the choice of the Alpine's in the doors. I have infinity's but i heard alpines are nice.

The W3 is hot. I was really suprised on how loud it was. My friend has 2 fosgates ( forget the series but it is pretty high up ) and I think the W3 sounds better.
The amps are good too.

nice setup. the W3's are my favorite JL subs

Originally posted by leenjen

I figured you for an audiobahn man ! !:D

i like a lot of different brands.

Explorer4u2c quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by leenjen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured you for an audiobahn man ! !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I though he was an Audiobahn nazi too :)

thats harsh. most of my post i usually recommend other brands. a lot of time its Orion, Kicker, MTX, RF, JL, etc... it depends on what the person is looking for. is it just because i was running my system with audiobahn amps...
i didnt even have audiobahn subs most of the time. remember, i had four 15" Orion subs.

i ended up installing the audiobahn subwoofer in my mazda. currently, i'm too busy to think about the explorer. i havent even driven it for about a month. so when i get some time, then i'll have to think of a new system for the explorer. i like the Memphis LVS, so maybe i'll go with three of them.

Mazda

How do you like the mazda lee?:D

it's a great car. surprisingly quick. but it has a more powerful engine and more agressive gears then my explorer and a lot less weight. when i get some time this summer, i'm going to have it painted because the paint is faded. the headlights were kinda yellow too, but i wetsanded them and polished them. now they look like i ripped them off a new car:)

the only downside about the mazda is that it's and automatic. i havent owned an auto in about 6 years. it takes the fun out of passing people...

Back