Worst mods.... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst mods....

yall make fun of the type R sticker... but i actually saw one on an explorer on monday. wasn't big..but it was very noticable, right above the "explorer" badging. i laughed really hard when i saw it, despite his probable 100 hp gain from having it. i hope he had it as a joke, like the other one i saw with the cobras from a mustang on it. he used to park by me at school.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tarheel085, it was some replacement bulbs i bought from ebay that were around 30 bucks. madd catz or something like that. lots o japanese letters and writing on them (probably saying "stupid american buying our worthless lightbulb, ha ha ha!!") they have the super white blue tint to them, but they're not super bright at all.

Maybe my Superchip. With my additional mods, I'm flowing too much air and the chip calibration can't handle it. I'll probably reburn it after it put in my new cam, roller rockers, and supercharger. FMS header bolts keep loosening up every other month, too.

Don't get me Started!

By far the worst: DIS4 MSD ignition. It cost $300 (after $100 savings) , was not a clean istallation and provide no gain in performance.
Plus, after installing a Flealite fan, I wish I would have gone with two universal 16" fans (1 pushing 1 pulling). The 2 universal fans cost about the same as the Flex and would have provided needed duplication if a fan fails offroad.
Best MOD: cheapy Detroit EZlocker.

Pro-Comp Add-a-leaf

Pro-Comp Add-a-leaf - You get .75" lift for about a day. . and then it drops to ~.25" as soon as it settles in. Its just such a short leaf, its basically pointless.

Hey Punkchild,
I live in Lincoln, NE.
We should get together and hit some trails somewhere nearby. There has gotta be somewhere in the bluffs or do you know of any good spots? Drop me a email if interested.

Chris

I'd love to go on some trails but I lowered my explorer, It's useless off-road.

Well mabe we can get together and talk explorers or something sometime. Drop me a e-mail.

cnapierala@neb.rr.com

Later!

What lowering kit? I was smart enough not to buy a kit. It cost me a grand total of $33.31 (camber adjusters) to lower mine. Yeah, anyway I figured there aren't any good places to offroad around my area. Also the frist two times I tried to go off-roading I got stuck and the almighty F-350 Super Duty had to come pull me out.

Back